Author Topic: New Forum Policy  (Read 12879 times)

Offline dangerranger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Forum Policy
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 01:40:05 AM »
Ill back your play!
Life is a rush into the unknown, You can duck down real low and hope nothing hits you, Or stand up tall, show it your teeth,and say "Dish it up Baby and dont get stingy with the Peppers!!!"

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 07:03:20 AM »
Fully concur.  I was just thinking the other day that the "three strikes and you're out" type rule would work well to either teach those who go astray or weed out those who can't seem to play nice.

My general feeling is that if they get too upset with the "off-line" warning, then they have already reached step two in the disciplinary process.

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 08:51:11 AM »
I posted this once but it disappeared. :-\

Good information.  I even took the time to read the part on writing messages. 

Scout, I doubt you have ever offended anyone.   In the 10 years or so I you and I have been on various boards I can't recall one message that wasn't informative, witty or in someway helpful.  You shouldn't change a thing Pard.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 04:30:04 PM »

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 02:32:54 PM »
Wil,

Leastways not on purpose,  :) though there have been a few folks that I surely wanted to. 

If I'm that angry, I take it off-line.  If its a failure in communication, its usually quickly resolved.  If not, then at least the "discussion" doesn't infect the rest of the board/forum.  And, like the Marshal says, there are some that just can be reasoned with - at which point I just move on and leave them to themselves.  Unlike Braxton Bragg, most people can't argue with themselves and fade away when no one responds to their negative comments.

Look forward to seeing you in person after all these years!  Must be the right time to finally meet old friends - got to see Marshal Halloway (and his beautiful bride) in October.     

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005, 10:17:28 AM »
AMen!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline El Deguello

• Very Active Citizen
  • Shoot, don't talk.
    • el dugello bugle call trumpeted  by the Moors  around AD 711 under  Tariq ibn-Ziyad.
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2005, 01:43:22 PM »
Looks like I could be  in trouble. El Deguello  got banned from "The Open Range"  for making positive post about God, Country, Flag and Christmas. 

Firmly believe that no threats, foul language, Xrated copy, pictures, etc., should be allowed. However, IMMHO, a post that asks the question, "Was Ira Hayes an authentic American Indian-Cowboy worthy of SASS status ?" is cowboy enough for wire discussion and not political enough to warrant being banned from the range board.

Large numbers of post being made on all cowboy boards aren't  really 100% CAS/SASS related. I'm again selective, discriminative and  biased deletion of post simply because they don't meet with the censors personal approval or because the censors/moderators  just want to get rid of someone they don't like. 

Have never had any problems on this board other than those that were corrected after just  joining.  I'm a reasonable person who can  adjust to reasonable request , however, threats like those received on TOR, aren't well received.

Will do my cowboy best to comply with CAS City policy.
In respect of God, Country & Flag. 
http://www.freewebs.com/eldeguello/index.htm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com