Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 950 times)

Offline sweeney

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New to the forum
« on: May 05, 2019, 08:36:43 AM »
Morning all:
I am a new member and this is my first posting. I own 3 Spencer carbines in total, I love them very much. 1 is a good looking wall hanger, with a decent finish, broken extractor blade and a rough bore, it probably would shoot but then I have a really nice 2nd Spencer that is well finished with a minor patch of pitting near the muzzle, its a real beauty. I take this one to the range and fire it on occasion and I must say for a person that does not have to rely on the weapon daily I am to get surprisingly accurate shots at both 60 and 100 yards which is the limit of my range. My third is a closet queen, it is a Burnside and it has is essentially a mint bore in it ,the finish is excellent wood as well, I have owned this particular gun for 4 years and have not put one round through it. I reload for all my gums. I own a decent collection of very fine handguns and carbines from around 1865 through 1897 that include:

Remington Rolling Block carbine NY State Militia

3 Winchesters one a 73 44-40, a 76 45-74 Winchester and a 92 in 38-40

I also have 2 very fine Sharps carbines both in the same cal as the Remington, 50-70 govt, this is great for reloading as it saves time "reload for one, reload for all".

I also have a Springfield Trapdoor Carbine in 45-70 govt, all of these are the original period guns and all of them preform beautifully. There in nothing I can think of to equal the thrill of firing these classic period guns.

I also have a batch of period handguns. all in amazingly good condition which include a Colt SAA Army from 1885, a Colt NL 38 from 1878, A Merlyn Hulbert short barrel from around 1875 44-49, 2 Remington's, one an 1875 the other an 1888, in 44-40, the 1875 the Colt SAA, Merlyn and Remington 1875 are so pristine that I never fire any of them. I do have a S&W in 45 Scoffield  which is in excellent used condition that I take to the range, I love firing that and the Remington 1888.

I also have a decent collection of world war guns that I take to the range and fire, my crowning jewel from the lot is my Webley Fosbery 455, now that is a trip to fire, and in spite of the fact it is so rare and in such near mint condition I cannot control myself and will bring this piece with me often to the range.

I hope to hear from anyone interested in discussing this and more.

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 636
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 09:23:36 AM »
What a great collection! Thanks!

Any pictures?

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline Cannonman1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 11:39:11 AM »
Welcome to the forum.. You will find some great information here. peruse the log of previous conversations and you will pick up a lot and if you don't find what you are looking for, ask and you will get feedback.
Nice collection and obviously they are more than wall hangers. Keep em shooting!! 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:59:12 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com