Author Topic: March hares and coffee. What a crazy idea!  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cracker Cow Cavalry
Re: March hares and coffee. What a crazy idea!
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2019, 07:12:22 am »
Went the customary , visit to the Toy Store and then lunch with my friend....

the news on the Luger was lackluster, the Widow and male companion had come in and picked it up, "she has decided not to do anything as of now", she said.
She has my fair offer  :-\ .... We will see ...but,  I think , they are just testing the aprasial waters.

On the other hand, lunch was good ,  "Sushi" or as I refur to it "Bait"   :)

weather is nice ( and has been ) more of same is in store....

"SHE" is offing to the Ski Pilot's ....

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2019, 08:04:18 am »
You mean repurpose the plastic bag?

Coffee is up for this last day of March

Currently 42 and 81% him... had a thunderstorm overnight but clear now
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2019, 08:22:54 am »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

Horses got hooves trimmed on Friday. Coggins test and shots yesterday.

'Tis 24 and sunny. High of 39.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • These are some of my...Friends
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2019, 04:44:34 pm »
Afternoon all.

60 and sunny today. The only real news is that I have locked myself out of my room. So now I'm waiting for my girlfriend to get back with some paperclips so I can get back in, since all of the RAs decided to leave campus at the same time.

And the airplane only needed a little duct tape.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cracker Cow Cavalry
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2019, 06:27:46 pm »
The 1942 Mauser made Luger the Widow had, I have deemed the offer passed, as she has not responded ...

But when a door closed a window seems to open ...planets align

I did acquire a Luger today, 1917 Erfurt Imperial Arsenal 9mm Parabellum.... all matching numbers w/ 1 matching numbered magazine ( however it has crack in the wood base plug probably in the same bombing) w/ original holster.
It is not a Treaty recognized second re-dated to 1920, so it had not been turned at the Armistice or turned in under the The Treaty of Versailles.
It does have some rock (stone building) rash on the side plate when the Bomb collapsed in on the Owner...

A letter Accompanying it states is was taken in the village Falasie (Normandy) of Aug. 1944 ( Battle of the Falaise Pocket ) Six weeks after D-Day.

I will begin the research on John Wilson Collette ( US 1st. Army ) he is the fellow that captured this piece .

I'm proud to be the current caretaker  ;D  course I'll eat Lettice sandwiches this week  :-\

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 08:33:56 pm by Major 2 »
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2019, 08:51:28 pm »
The 1942 Mauser made Luger the Widow had, I have deemed the offer passed, as she has not responded ...

But when a door closed a window seems to open ...planets align

I did acquire a Luger today, 1917 Erfurt Imperial Arsenal 9mm Parabellum.... all matching numbers w/ 1 matching numbered magazine ( however it has crack in the wood base plug probably in the same bombing) w/ original holster.
It is not a Treaty recognized second re-dated to 1920, so it had not been turned at the Armistice or turned in under the The Treaty of Versailles.
It does have some rock (stone building) rash on the side plate when the Bomb collapsed in on the Owner...

A letter Accompanying it states is was taken in the village Falasie (Normandy) of Aug. 1944 ( Battle of the Falaise Pocket ) Six weeks after D-Day.

I will begin the research on John Wilson Collette ( US 1st. Army ) he is the fellow that captured this piece .

I'm proud to be the current caretaker  ;D  course I'll eat Lettice sandwiches this week  :-\
Congrats.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2019, 07:52:32 am »
Thanks for the coffee Slim

Seems everyone has a good story to tell from the weekend.

Slim are horses going on a trip? Coggins? I use to hold the horses for Vet at sale barn, while he drew blood, then pen them..

Major looks like you have a history lesson to complete

TK - never lock your doors and never get locked out.
Mathew 5.9