Author Topic: Total Capper Frustration  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
Re: Total Capper Frustration
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 05:07:03 pm »

Hi guys.  Not to fear.  The production Polish Cappers are of all brass construction.  The capper shown with the clear plastic side was for advertising to show how it functions.  The cap pusher may be a "filled nylon" or similar.

Offline Isom

• Very Active Citizen
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 01:55:07 pm »
I think if I shot my cap guns regularly, I'd buy one. What the heck.  :)
Isom

Online Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2019, 03:11:58 pm »
In my armory there resides a pair of matching revolvers made by Pietta that have consecutive numbers. With a bit of careful filing and polishing the lip of a Tedd Cash snail capper to where the bottom edge positions a cap to the point it is just in line with  the lip of the capper and it will slide #10 Remington caps on the SlixShot nipples slick as a mashed grape on a terrazzo floor.

The next number frame needed more polishing on the capper to the point of just showing about one third of the diameter of the cap over the lip of the capper to get it to work properly.

Moral of the story is it may do just fine on one gun and not another even two that appear completely alike. It takes fitting, time, and patience  to get it to work.

Most likely a brand new  capper will not work on any gun because like a brand new gun it is a kind of kit.

I prefer the snail capper that holds a full tin of caps to a straight-line capper that needs to be refilled every 15 shots or so.
At least that works for me YMMV

Respectfully submitted
Bunk

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2019, 11:59:25 am »

Friends, Romans, Countryman, I have come to shoot the Cap Guns, .... Nah, that's the wrong speech.  Sorry 'bout that.  Anyway:

I tried a Polish Capper.  I thought the thing was just the Beez Kneez until I dumped the whole load of Caps all over a Loading Table.  Some embarrasses waz I.  Struth.  Seems, probable, I either failed to tighten the retaining Knut (not to confuse with the shooting Knut) that holds the side plate tight.  Or perhaps perhaps the way I was holding it allowed my Pinkie Poker to inadvertently (new big wurd) unscrew the screw knut that caused the plate to swivel and dump the contents on the Loading Table, right in front of the amused masses.  I on the other hand, was NOT amused.

That particular Fox Pass is probably correctable, but I elected not to have a similar incident in my future and immediately handed the offending object of my displeasure back to it's rightful owner and continued my day .. and to this day ... with my faithful Theodore Cashe Snail Clapper.

Your results may well differ.