Author Topic: Not an approved one, but finally restored/cleaned up  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
Not an approved one, but finally restored/cleaned up
« on: February 04, 2019, 07:21:54 AM »
So, I know the CVA Hawken is not an approved one, but I got one in a trade about 2 years ago.  Had been given two Italian 12 inch barrel, brass framed navy colts for helping out a family after the patriarch passed.   I made one into a steampunk Carbine.   Friend saw it, and wanted one.  I traded the unaltered navy, directions on what I had done, 2 antlers for this bag of hawken and lots of leather.   So, was told the Hawken was complete, just in need of work.  Mostly right.   I was a bit discouraged when I got it all laid out due to the rust.   Cleaned external off and no pitting, took almost 2 weeks of working the inside of the barrel to get a patch to come back clean.   Then I started cleaning it up.   Thanks to a place called DeerCreek, I found the few parts I was needing (barrel rib and ramrod thimbles and a few screws).  So, finished it this weekend.   Cleaned up fairly well, especially considering I have next to no $ in it.   

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
Re: Not an approved one, but finally restored/cleaned up
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:48:40 PM »
These are great guns to get new shooters involved in our hobby.  They are accurate and enjoyable to shoot.  Nice work on this.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com