Author Topic: What's a fair price to pay for a P2940 44-40, black powder frame, CCH, 4 3/4" ?  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Boone May

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 5904
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
I have been a long time away from the fire.  Browsing the online gun sales sites I see Colt made some P2940 Frontier Six Shooters in the mid 2000's.  This is an SAA with black powder style frame, .44-40 with etched panel on barrel, CCH, 4 3/4 inch barrel.  I would fancy adding one to my collection as long as I'm not being held up.

What's a fair price for one of these?  New and used?

thanks
"There are a few things they didn't tell me when I hired on with this outfit."

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
They're fairly scarce - check completed sales on 'Gunbroker' and 'Gunsamerica' for current pricing.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline russ1943

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
I have been a long time away from the fire.  Browsing the online gun sales sites I see Colt made some P2940 Frontier Six Shooters in the mid 2000's.  This is an SAA with black powder style frame, .44-40 with etched panel on barrel, CCH, 4 3/4 inch barrel.  I would fancy adding one to my collection as long as I'm not being held up.

What's a fair price for one of these?  New and used?

thanks

The current price of cataloged SAA 357 or 45LC is quote by Colt costumer service at $1799.00  2 year to 2.5 year wait. No Custom Shop Orders being taken, because of the backlog. When I ordered my Peacemaker Centennial thru dealer 1972 the list price was $300.00 Got it in 1974 two years later the Dealer ripped me off for $400.00 said Colt increased the price, doubtful.  It is nickel 7.5 BP frame, etched pane, price according  RIA auction last one sold was 2500+15% buyers premium.  I think 1500 made 44-40,  500 MP Set which it what Colt Literature said .  The one your looking at is more rare, 3rd Generation, anything around $2500. is fair

Advertising

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
I tried to order that same gun but in 45 Colt a number of years ago. In addition to a 2 year wait they quote a price of $2500. I didn't place the order because they wanted the money up front. Last year they announced they no longer offered the BP frame so that's a rare model, even by modern standards.

Dave

Offline Texas John Ringo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
I have a Etched panel Frontier Six Shooter .44-40, 71/2" barrel. Case colored and blue, unfired. Box, sleeve and paper work. I wouldn't take $2500.00 for it.

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Texas John it is good to see that you are still on the sunny side of the grass.  Haven't seen or heard from you in years.  BTW that is a good price for your Colt.
T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
I ordered one just like what you're looking for back when they first came out, cost about $1200 at the time. Matched it up with an early 1980's version that had the rolled panel, they make a great pair. Don't know what one would be worth used or new as I don't think there is enough to get me to part with my pair. But $2500 would be good estimate to start if you could find one. Good luck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com