Author Topic: Got me a gen-u-wine SAA  (Read 2563 times)

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Got me a gen-u-wine SAA
« on: August 11, 2018, 04:09:14 PM »
Got a good deal on a ASM black powder frame revolver..It had a light film of surface rust on the frame making it look like an even patena...And for some reason the front sight was mounted backwards..Annnnnd the action would over rotate if cocked fast....First thing I did was to hit the frame with 0000 steel wool...Surprise!!!!,,Under the rust it still had the case colors!...Next was the lock work..Lucked out ,,the trigger and bolt spring had a crack and was just about to break..Replaced it with a colt spring from the parts bin..And it works perfect..Next was the barrel..I removed the ASM barrel and replaced it with a 7 1/2"  2gen Colt SAA45 barrel..After I polished   (COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY 45 CAL.)  off the side..Reblued it,  the cylinder ,backstrap, and trigger guard so they all match.Stripped the grips and stained them with walnut and gave them an oil finish...So now I have a Colt marked,,,SAA ,,,SAA as in  = SINGLE ACTION ARMI ! ;D

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Got me a gen-u-wine SAA
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 09:37:31 AM »
SINGLE ACTION ARMI... I like it.

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 10:29:48 AM »
PIC'S! Or it didn't happen!
King Medallion

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:30:53 PM »

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 03:17:48 PM »
Sorry King,,but Don't know how to post pics...I'm  so behind the times that I'm just getting use to push button phones!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com