Author Topic: Brass 12 ga  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Oldman11

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Brass 12 ga
« on: August 07, 2018, 01:23:18 PM »
Were can I get loaded brass 12 ga shotgun shells in different size shot?

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Brass 12 ga
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »
As far as I know, you can't.  I'd like to know myself if there was such a place.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:37:21 PM »

I'm with Fingers.  I only shoot All Brass 12Ga and the only source I know of is to load your own.  I don't know of anyone, anywhere that load All Brass commercially.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:10:07 PM »

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1198
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 04:29:39 PM »
You might find some old unfired ducks unlimited shells.  These were smokeless though and stout and had a tendency for some to split on first firing.

If you are not aware, there is a ton of info available on reloading these yourself without the need of a reloading press.

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 10:37:28 PM »
You might find some old unfired ducks unlimited shells.  These were smokeless though and stout and had a tendency for some to split on first firing.

If you are not aware, there is a ton of info available on reloading these yourself without the need of a reloading press.

I've still got an unfired box of the DU brass shells.  One of these days I'll sell them and make a fortune.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Jubal Starbuck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 05:25:10 AM »
     Fingers. I saw two boxes of DU shells on two different gun show tables recently; one was priced at $50 and the other was $100.  I'd bet that the guy who had $100 on his still has them.  I have a couple of them around here also; hoping to sell mine for two fortunes!
I've been loading my Magtechs with black powder for some years now without a hitch and I always shoot them in the same shotgun so I don't need to resize 'em.  I haven't heard of any brass loaded shells for sale anywhere.

Regards,

Jubal Starbuck

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 10:01:36 AM »

Hi Jubal, Fingers, et all,

Just a couple of observations.  All I shoot are All Brass.  I found I had quite a few miss-fires seating the primers in MagTec on my drill press
or other means.  Left the primers just a smidge high in the pocket.  My only surrender to modern convention was to ick up a well priced surplus Lee Classic single stage and stick an RCBS die innit.  The RCBS dies is primarily to de-prime and the Classic is to re-prime the brass and insure the primer seats all the way.  Haven't had a fail to fire since.

The RCBS die also contains a resizing ring.  To date, I have been shooting my Brass 12Ga in 5 different SxS guns and have yet to need to resize.  Never felt the slightest resistance to brass running thru the press nor any problem chambering/shucking.  I DO NOT put any form of crimp on the case mouth.  None.  Nada.  I also don't try to run them thru a '97. ('97s ain't cowboy anyway).  All Brass 12s are FUNER!!

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 10:36:21 AM »
Well, I have two modern pumps in 12 and 20, so I have not tried to cycle brass through them.  In my Cimmaron 1878, I shoot brass.   Read a lot of bad about the Magtech, so I went ahead and saved a few more pennies and bought 10 shells from Rocky Mountain Cartridge LLC.   One, I can't say anything but nice things about their service and as my brother-in-law said, "you going to leave me these in your will?"  They are stout.   Since there is only 10 for now, I reload by hand, learned by watching youtube and then synthesized my own version that I thought made more sense.  Only tools I have are a dowel with a rounded off nail in it and a dowel with an extreme dished end, a powder measure and a plastic mallet.   They are a whole lot of fun and I am seriously thinking of buying 10 more as it takes no time at all to empty 10.  If I score a single shot 12 gauge, I will totally be ready for when SHTF.  

Realized did not address original question.  I looked high and low for preloaded versions.  None to be found that are not antiques.   The fact that I load the, means it is easy, so easy an ape can do it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com