Author Topic: Liking My '76 Carbine!  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 636
Liking My '76 Carbine!
« on: May 26, 2018, 09:22:02 PM »
I had my Uberti carbine in .45-75 out yesterday, taking care of the "Campbell's Gang".  As can be seen by my trophy mount in the photo, that 350 grain bullet takes care of business.  I can say that, while some of the cans jumped and tried to escape, none made it more than a few steps before falling dead.  I had to trail a couple a short distance through the long grass, so the capability of quick follow-up shots was comforting--as you know, those sharp edges can be dangerous.

All joking aside, this is one very nice gun.

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Liking My '76 Carbine!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »
That's a good looking carbine CCG , like the bluing .,,,DT

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 05:50:13 PM »
like the bluing .,,,DT

I do too.  That's why I chose the NWMP model.  I've mentioned my experiences (and travails) with this carbine elsewhere on this board, but I have to say that it is very slick and very accurate.  I may not be the craftsman at restoring originals that you are, Dusty, but I'm glad that Uberti is making these so that we "ordinary" folk can enjoy the experience of shooting old west style guns.

I'm proud of my trophy in the photo too, but my wife wouldn't let me mount it on the living room wall.  Hrumph.  ;)

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:52:01 PM »

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 06:45:31 PM »
You overestimate my ability CCG , I am just a BUBA  gunplumber .The statement about me liking the carbine is honest , as is the previous .,,,DT

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 06:57:08 PM »
You overestimate my ability CCG , I am just a BUBA  gunplumber .The statement about me liking the carbine is honest , as is the previous .,,,DT

I've admired your work--I should be such a "buba"!  I had no doubt that you liked the carbine--I hope that didn't come out wrong.  I like it too.  It's a great alternative to a good, shootable original.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 10:52:37 AM »
CCG  I appreciate your compliment , just don't agree with it so much . I do agree that you should be able to display that trophy ! Can understand you liking the carbine , that pile of parts I call the Carbine project has become my finest handling 76 , feels like a 73 with the UMPH of the 45/60  , need to take it apart and finish blue , hope it comes out looking as good as yours .,,,,DT

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »
I've admired your work--I should be such a "buba"!  I had no doubt that you liked the carbine--I hope that didn't come out wrong.  I like it too.  It's a great alternative to a good, shootable original.

CC Griff

Griff --I agree with you 100% - hes an artist - just hope DT keeps showin us his stuff along the way - he seems to be able to do it without boasting and that lets us drool without being envious - ----good stuff!

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 07:14:27 AM »
DT is too modest. I've followed his projects for years and he's helped me with mine. He is a master of the '76.
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 06:09:08 AM »
You guys have my head so swollen I cant see straight , seriously I appreciate the kind words . Back to the OP topic the bluing on the carbine  looks great . CCG have you had a chance to shoot a can or two lately ? The last shooting I had done with my parts carbine I had found a Bp. load that it shot pretty good . As the weather gets cooler I plan on doing more shooting with it . ,,,DT

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 03:32:22 PM »
Why yes, Dusty, I had my '76 out on Thursday morning (between rain squalls).  Those tin cans keep trying to sneak up on the ranch house and I need to take care of things.  I can say that those 350 grain bullets are very effective against the "Campbell's Gang."  Tin cans are still my favorite target when I'm just shooting for fun.  That Uberti carbine is just one fine-functioning gun and I think it looks pretty nice too!

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com