Author Topic: New LEE Press  (Read 6320 times)

Offline Roscoe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New LEE Press
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 04:33:02 PM »
Midsouth shipped my new press Friday.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 07:45:19 PM »
Howdy
I have a turret press and a load master . Have loaded Thousands of rounds from the 2 . Kept me shooting 3 cowboy matches a month for a couple decades .

Offline Roscoe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 06:48:08 PM »
New press came this afternoon. I have it together with dies set to go, but I think I will need the newer primer dispenser (not included). The older style, of which I have a bunch, doesn't seem compatible.

I was concerned about being able to see the powder charge before placing a bullet for seating, but I think this will work out fine, given some lighting.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:42:13 AM »

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 07:32:02 AM »
Howdy Roscoe,

Thank you for your update. I'll be interested in how this press works out for you.

Titan Reloading in Hartford, Wisconsin  https://www.titanreloading.com/  now has one in their showroom. I'm going to drive up and take a look.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Roscoe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 12:38:49 PM »
The older primer dispenser can work but requires a spacer to raise the pivot point, just like on the turret, except my turret spacer is too large  in diameter to fit neatly on the Pro4000. For now I have four washers under the plastic base to raise the dispenser 1/4", now working okay. I have ordered a new generation safety prime, so this new machine won't be gerryrigged, and I will get to try the new design.

Offline Roscoe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 09:01:54 AM »
In order to keep my right hand on the press handle, I will be using Lee's case feeder with collator top. Otherwise, cases are placed with the right hand, while primer and bullet are with the left. I have used their bullet feeder on other models before but don't believe I will now mess with it for my lead bullets. My new press is starting as 38/357 only.

Anyone considering this press should be aware that any die other than Lee with its o-ring lock nuts will require the Lee "Lock ring Eliminator" on each die, ordered as a separate item. This is a neat little item that makes the breech lock adapter and lock  \ring in one piece, so the die doesn't release before the breech lock, when you try to twist the breech lock for removal. Even the Lee nuts have to be firmly secured on a grease-free surface, or they will come loose also.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2018, 09:38:45 PM »

I stopped by Titan Reloading today and took a look at the new LEE Breech Lock Pro press. I liked what I saw and will be purchasing one. The picture shows the press with the powder measure, priming tool and case feeder installed.

Also shown is the LEE Bench Plate system. The Lee Bench Plate allows a person to quickly change between presses on their reloading bench. I have one on each of my Turret presses.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com