Author Topic: BuBye .......  (Read 5562 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
BuBye .......
« on: February 10, 2018, 03:18:23 PM »
BuBye Remington.

Remington is trying to go Bankrupt.  They don't even have enough money to go Bankrupt.  Shaking the Tin Cup to raise funds.

Good thing our Remingtons are reproductions.  It could however, be the death knell for Fish.

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BuBye .......
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 03:22:32 PM »
Huh?
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:53:14 AM »

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 10:59:39 AM »
Had not heard that about Remington, I thought they were the only original doing OK.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 04:49:41 PM »

Remington bought Marlin, complete with their debt.  I couldn't figure out why.  Except perhaps as a huge tax "charge off."  Even as a tax charge off, that acquisition made no business sense at all with the debt Remington Outdoor already had.  On top of which, Remington moved the fish production.  That alone cost some large green (and more debt).  And at present, Remington Outdoor doesn't have sufficient capital to re-organize.   And they are shaking the tin can to rase funds so they can go broke??  With no profit in sight, they want a sugar daddy?? 

Stay Tuna (Don't hold yer breath) 

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 01:58:08 PM »
Remington went bankrupt in 1888. Marlin did also in 1922 and Winchester in 1931 & again in 2006. This is all just normal practice in the overall scheme of things.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 12:42:10 PM »
It would be sad to see Remington (and Marlin) go away.  Lawsuits and political correct politics are having their toll on the firearms industry.  If they can't outlaw them, they will sue them out of business...
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline treebeard

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 06:04:30 PM »
Hopefully Henry is doing OK.

llanerosolitario

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »
More companies will follow that path, because us, europeans and americans, are just plain stupid, opening our markets to foreign low cost labour countries.

While visiting the last IWA. I could notice the huge ofensive by the turk manufacturers, who are, step by step, bossing the world shotgun market...making other manufacturers close doors. In fact, most of the spanish shotgun industry is gone, despite making tough affordable guns,, from side by sides, over and unders and semiautomatics.....from 70 manufacturers in the 70's...to just 7 small workshops  making side by sides in the high grade portion of the market...and soon the italian industry will follow that same path.....as they cant compete in the popular market, pumps, semiautomatics, and over and unders, with the Turk industry.  Same with the Brazilians.....and the Philippine.

Browning and Winchester are  also now making all of their shotguns in Turkey, at extremly low manufacturing costs. Neoliberalism has killed the Western World industry,

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 04:48:00 PM »
All this news, and what it foretells about the future makes me glad I'm old. (LOL)

Dave

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 04:54:57 AM »
More companies will follow that path, because us, europeans and americans, are just plain stupid, opening our markets to foreign low cost labour countries.

While visiting the last IWA. I could notice the huge ofensive by the turk manufacturers, who are, step by step, bossing the world shotgun market...making other manufacturers close doors. In fact, most of the spanish shotgun industry is gone, despite making tough affordable guns,, from side by sides, over and unders and semiautomatics.....from 70 manufacturers in the 70's...to just 7 small workshops  making side by sides in the high grade portion of the market...and soon the italian industry will follow that same path.....as they cant compete in the popular market, pumps, semiautomatics, and over and unders, with the Turk industry.  Same with the Brazilians.....and the Philippine.

Browning and Winchester are  also now making all of their shotguns in Turkey, at extremly low manufacturing costs. Neoliberalism has killed the Western World industry,

People in the USA want everything at Walmart prices and this is the social cost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com