Author Topic: less forums?  (Read 3203 times)

Offline illapah

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
less forums?
« on: December 01, 2005, 12:00:36 PM »
I would like to see less fourms on Cas City. Seems as if the more forums, the less time I spend here. That is just my input. :)
Illapah

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: less forums?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 01:00:33 PM »
Thanks for the input.

Joss gave a good advise and let me add some.

You can of course collapse all categories as you can see in the attached pic so less boards are visible...  ;)

Seriously, what I mean is that categories that you don't have any interest in can be collapsed. If you use the features on this board to the max and especially with the notification system by email, you should be able to get the information you are looking for just by letting the forum send you an email when a new topic is posted or you can decide to let the system send you an email on topics that are replied to.

If you are just looking for new topics in the Shooter's Meeting board, just select notification on the board index and an email is sent to you about that. It works just like the caslist and you can even choose to have the content of the post in the email instead of having to look up the post on the board to read it.

This forum has been set up with input from the users over time. Less boards would be practical for many reasons, but it will then be like the SASS Wire where users have to browse through topics page by page within one board or just search for a post that has been pruned and no longer exists.

We like to have a forum where people can find information based on categories and special interests.   Being that inclusive means many boards.

Are we too inclusive? Perhaps, but then again, our sport is just about that and we like to emphasize that part through our site and without any bonds to any specific CAS organization.
Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 01:00:45 PM »
There's probably 15 to 20 forums here that I have never ventured into.  They get posted in though and if I ever do develop an interest in the topics that are in those forums then I know where to find the info.  :)  They keep stuff neat and tidy.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:22:12 AM »

Offline Bitterwheat

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 02:23:42 PM »
 :)I only read the forums That I am interested in. The way the Marshal has it set up it is easy to do. He has  it set up so there is some thing for every's interest. I like it.

PWDFR POSSE

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 03:29:27 PM »
I like things just the way they are Marshal.  Fine job pard!   8)

Offline NARVOUS

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 06:50:13 PM »
What BW said ;D
Narvous
Cowboy on the Rocken H Ranch

Take care of your gun and it will take care of you.
My Cas City Profile: http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/NARVOUS/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com