Author Topic: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread)  (Read 63005 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread)
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2017, 01:24:40 PM »
Afternoon all.

Rainy and 35 here today.  Supposed to get some of the white stuff later on in the afternoon and overnight.

Didn't get the 22 tested yesterday.  Had too much stuff to do around the house.  Grandma is arriving the 21, so we're preparing for that.  I did get time to take the dog for a good long walk, though, so it wasn't all bad.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2017, 03:46:23 PM »
Mailed packakage out stopped and bought somethings for my wife. Think i will get her a stocking with somethings like 9mm ammo a couple Pmags some .223 :)
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2017, 07:10:07 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 18 and overcast. High of 24.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 07:42:19 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2017, 07:27:06 AM »
Thank ya Slim

Been raining off in on since Sunday Night - really muddy just everywhere around the homestead.  Even the chickens are hesitant in coming out. Pigpig is crazy and acts like grade schooler playing in it.  The Goats are afraid they will melt. The dogs do their business and come back in.  The Yorkie hates the outdoors unless one of her bi-peds are with her. 
I will feed then change clothes and head to therapy and then to Doctor for follow up exam. 
I praise the lord for the needed rain and for the ability to do all these things.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2017, 08:11:53 AM »
Rain today here in NC. Can't play outside. All the decorations are finally up. The tree looks good. My lady is happy. A good day to drink coffee and wrap all the stuff we bought this week. Thank goodness Christmas only happens once a year. Ho Ho Homer! Hope everyone in CasCity has a good Christmas and a better New Year.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2017, 01:59:40 PM »
Rain has pushed off to the East into Ga & SC...nearly 2 and half inches.

Doctors report was good. Not cured but i am controlling it.
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2017, 06:53:33 PM »
Evening all.

Grandmother arrived at 1500.  I was out with the dog at the time. 

It sn*wed in town last night, kind of.  Enough to notice when I got up, but gone by 8.  But the mountains were white, so I took the dog and we went up a back trail to a lake we've been to before.  It's a 4 mile trail that goes from 2800 feet up to 6500.  We made it about 1/4 mile from the lake when the trail got covered in sn*w enough that it disappeared.  It was late enough in the day, coupled with a storm blowing in over the mountain and blocking my view of the lake, that I decided to cut my losses and head home.  I think I made the right decision: I can't see the mountain from town.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2017, 11:07:07 PM »
Mornin Y'all, Been busy babysitting the grand daughter. I did come into a pretty good deal, I traded a Fox Model B 12 gauge for a Dillon 650 with a bunch of extras. Looked it up on the Dillon site and the press set up the same way would run me $850.00. I'm real happy with that. If I don't get back here before Y'all have a Merry Christmas.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2017, 11:39:50 PM »
My Dad and I used to haul wood that way in his CJ-7(of course, they were 6" poles, not 12-14")Leave the tailgate down and stack it full with poles sticking out 2-3' beyond the tailgate. Just 15-20ft from the road was a small dip, and one time....the wood went down and the front wheels went up. Mud in the dip. Jeep wasn't going anywhere with the front wheels spinning in the air. So from the safety of the gravel road, I hooked a tow chain to my Chevy Vega and pulled him out. Ok, actually all it did was pull the front down so he got traction, but forevermore, I had pulled his JEEP out of the mud with my VEGA!
That's too funny! It is like the time I had to tow my Step Son's big Chevy 4x4 with our little PT Cruiser and some tie down straps... Or the time I had to tow my friend, his wife, and his Harley Trike to the Harley shop with my Kawi 750. That was some fun :)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2017, 06:49:50 AM »
Mornin Y'all, Been busy babysitting the grand daughter. I did come into a pretty good deal, I traded a Fox Model B 12 gauge for a Dillon 650 with a bunch of extras. Looked it up on the Dillon site and the press set up the same way would run me $850.00. I'm real happy with that. If I don't get back here before Y'all have a Merry Christmas.

That's great deal.... Dillon's are A1 ....

I bid on a older Lyman Spartan on Ebay , I have one now I set up with a Universal Flaring Die, leaves my Turret press open for two sets of dies ....
I didn't win it thought,  got out bid on my Max. while I was out ...

I'll keep my eyes peeled  for old single stage press at the Gun show next week...

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2017, 06:59:37 AM »
Thanks for the coffee.  I need it....at work.  Last day before Christmas...the boss is on vacation, and I have his back.  Construction is wanting to do two pre-startup safety reviews, one of which is on a high voltage system.  Come on guys!!  Do you really think it is a good idea to energize a 12.47 KV system just before the holidays??  Why can't we continue to run on the generators, and do this startup after the holidays when folks will be here if (when) something goes wrong???!!!  Okay...I'm through complaining...for the moment!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2017, 07:16:56 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Way to go, Major.

Dusting last night.

'Tis 20 and overcast. "Light snow. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Highs around 30. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent"

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2017, 07:35:56 AM »
Thank you for the Coffee Slim..

Major good deal on Dillon. There warrenty will extend to second and third owners.

I have a 650 also. Not all the upgrades but... it is fine for as much as i load these days. I also have a single stage rcbs... wish i had several of them... to leave set up for different task. Like running de-bulging dies etc. prepping brass.

Rain has moved on and another day in the 60’s here..
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2017, 08:34:12 AM »
Thank you for the Coffee Slim..

Major good deal on Dillon. There warrenty will extend to second and third owners.

I have a 650 also. Not all the upgrades but... it is fine for as much as i load these days. I also have a single stage rcbs... wish i had several of them... to leave set up for different task. Like running de-bulging dies etc. prepping brass.

Rain has moved on and another day in the 60’s here..

Yep, thats why I wanted the Lyman .... 'bout any single stage will work, happen to have the other Lyman so...figured I'd bite.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2017, 10:15:45 AM »
Even though I've got a Dillon 550 I also have a pair of Lyman turrets. The Dillon is for .45 acp and ar while one Lyman is for 45lc the other is for everything else. An old Bair single stage does my rifle work while the last single stage holds the lee bulge buster. It's nice to be able to grab some brass and bullets and throw some loads without a lot of set up. Heres how I set up my Dillon and Lyman. The Dillon drops loads to the right while my mods to the Lyman kick the loads left into the common bin.

And by the way, the suns out bright and it's blowing a gale but it's a cold day here. Coffees hot though.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
I have the same Lyman Turret , but not the auto cap feeder and my powder measure is RCBS Micrometer off the turret ...

I'm afraid it's not high tech .... just manual , the Spartan has my flaring dye ....if I find another for $35 or bucks I'll set up my universal de priming  dye.

reached 80 today , warm enough to run the AC in the loading room ....

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2017, 04:01:22 PM »
A universal de primer, set up is one i would do too.
One for doing those pesky rifle rounds that i would make a hundred or less at a time.  

Only got up to 65 here, neighbors running around in shorts, i was just tee shirting till i went to town. Then needed something that didn’t print. Not like much would be said in Hobby Lobby if someone noticed. They have started reducing wrapping paper and decorations some as much as 60% off.  In case your queen of the household needs to get started on next years holiday.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2017, 06:45:04 AM »
Now that i have stopped drooling! It is a bit spendy but i want one too

Thanks for the Coffee.... 55 here this morning calling for rain later.

Date nite with wife last night- she thought i was taking her to Bass Pro. I fooled her, took her to Christmas light show

She videoed some of it

Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2017, 07:13:10 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Coffee is hot.
Been surfing the net.  Found this....I want one!

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/phoenix-weaponry-debuts-ar-based-45-70-auto-rifle/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20171222_FridayDigest_153g&utm_campaign=/blog/phoenix-weaponry-debuts-ar-based-45-70-auto-rifle/
Interesting.

1/2 day of verk today.
Birthday party today for th 18 year old.

Dusting overnight.
'Tis 24 and overcast. "Cloudy. Scattered flurries. Highs in the lower 30s. Light and variable wind."

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com