Author Topic: The pumpkin spice everything month coffee thread.  (Read 61334 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: The pumpkin spice everything month coffee thread.
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 11:58:37 AM »
Morning again.

Day off today.
Got a chiro appointment at 13:30.

'Tis 71 and sunny. High of 78.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 01:29:03 PM »
Afternoon all.

I have returned from a week on the mountain.  Eventful week.  I saw a bear, a mountain lion, a seagull, a Russian, a Volkswagen and a pair of KC-135s.  I even got to call in a smoke.  I earned my check. ::)

I got my truck in better shape.  Still not perfect, but it works.  It's in the shop right now.  We'll see if we get things straightened out.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 01:53:42 PM »
TK...not many folks can truthfully say they have seen a mountain lion in the wild...that is awesome!
Del....great work passing along knowledge and history.
Slim...good luck with the chiro.  I had a pinched nerve in the neck last year.  Arm would fall asleep.  Prednizone (sic?) shot took care of it, thank goodness the steroid side affects were only temporary....I couldn't sleep for more than about 2 hours at a time for about a week after the shot.
Slim, again...glad Micah has started shooting and enjoying it!

Miss Red and I got back from the NCOWS Joe Berger Memorial Match last night.  Mary had a molar and wisdom tooth removed on Tuesday, so she was quite the trooper to shoot the match.  She still had swelling this morning!  She had her first clean stage at an NCOWS match, and only her second time shooting NCOWS! ;D  I was proud, but jealous.  :-\ I ended up with a clean shoot on the same stage, but she still has the honor of shooting a clean stage at NCOWS before I did...Way to go Miss Red! :-*
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:47:55 AM »

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 03:07:20 PM »
Congrats to Miss Red.

Well the shoulder is tendinitis. Gonna ice it in a bit.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 04:29:37 PM »
Best wishes for the shoulder, Slim, and Miss Red's dental issue, too. TK, you shouldn't have admitted to seeing a Russian this week, now apparently you can never run for any office, since you may be guilty of some kind of "Russian collusion". But then I'm probably suspect, too, since I have a couple Mosins and an SVT40.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 04:35:22 PM »
Good Troy i have seen Mountain Lions on two occassion a couple years part. However within 5 or 6 miles from each other.  I have ridden a horse up on bears several time. Also watched a Griz wander thru a meadow below our camp. Seems more time you spend outside, the more you see.

Slim hope you get feeling better  and to Miss Red akso
Mathew 5.9

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 04:45:29 PM »
What I would expect from a drinker of foo foo coffee.

When you put your hair up in a man bun, don't ask us for an intervention because it's too late. 
No need to get nasty there...

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »
I don't think I'll have any excess pumpkin pie spice for my coffee, tea, ice cream or potato chips etc. Finished cleaning out the squash and beans from the 3 sisters patch, have 39 Green Striped Cushaws on the porch now. 7 or 8 Orange pumpkin type left there, the vines are still alive on them, so I'll wait till frost approaches. That translates to a BUNCH of pies, or whatever. Will need lots of spice. Corn needs some more drying before I pick it. Not a lot of dry beans from the corn, since I picked for green beans several times. But just to see what would happen, planted a row of Pinto beans and Great Northerns out of the cupboard, and that produced a couple gallons of beans.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 10:13:56 PM »
Evening all.

Walked the dog today, which she enjoyed.  Got the truck home from the mechanic, $200 later and it runs fine.

GT, I've seen a number of Mountain lions, bears, bobcats, and even a fisher.  Like Roo said, I spend a lot of time "out and about."   Never gets less interesting, though.  ;D

PE, you may have something there with the Russian thing.  I do work for the Federal gov.  ;) And on the subject of gardening, I've got my cover crop of wheat sprouting, my ancient Einkorn is about knee high, and I'm going to plant a sugar cane in a rubbermaid container to root through the winter.   Come spring, my plan is to plant my 5'x12' garden patch with the Three Sisters, though the specific varieties I haven't decided on.  I also plan on planting a few rows of potatoes, reds and sweet potatoes, along the edges.  I don't know if it will work, but I've been building the dirt through composting all summer, and I plan on turning the wheat plants before they seed, so we'll see. ::)

In other news, I'm back up to the tower tomorrow, but I plan on coming back mid-week this time.  We're theoretically in the last pay period of the year (two weeks), so I'm going to have some extra time on my hands soon.  But I'm planning a week long bear hunt up in the alps, so that should be interesting, if nothing else.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2017, 07:12:24 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 60 and cloudy. "Partly cloudy in the morning  then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. South wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »
Thanks for the coffee..

TK you might try container growing potatos it is easy pezy, with good results. Less work.

Many other vides on subject there.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2017, 09:01:58 AM »
Prayers to those in Vegas.... and PR...

RIP Tom Petty.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2017, 12:01:38 PM »
I'll play a couple of TP songs tonight before bed time.  Lil Ro and TK, I don't get outside enough, and definitely not in the "woods".  I'm looking for some property to purchase as a get away, and eventually retire there.  Have to get a couple of hours out side of Houston to get something affordable like this....maybe I should apply for that job I saw in Wyoming!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2017, 03:43:39 PM »
I'll play a couple of TP songs tonight before bed time.  Lil Ro and TK, I don't get outside enough, and definitely not in the "woods".  I'm looking for some property to purchase as a get away, and eventually retire there.  Have to get a couple of hours out side of Houston to get something affordable like this....maybe I should apply for that job I saw in Wyoming!

Before you load up the schooner and sell the family heirlooms... you might listen

Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2017, 06:58:48 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Rained overnight.
'Tis 51 and clear. High of 65.

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2017, 07:19:17 AM »
Thank you Slim
Mathew 5.9

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2017, 11:16:03 AM »
I have 25 acres, with a well and a creek. How do you feel about Georgia?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »
I have 25 acres, with a well and a creek. How do you feel about Georgia?

Some relative said it was a nice place to March through, but they wouldn't want to live there.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2017, 01:29:05 PM »
Some relative said it was a nice place to March through, but they wouldn't want to live there.
With all the woodlands, it's not a bad place to be. At least it wasn't, before the yankees started showing up... then and now ::)

True story, my Father In Law was down from Upstate New York for a visit. He is a borderline Gun Aficionado/ Gun Nut, so I take him to the local Gun Store for a look. He walks in, and immediately asks an employee if it is ok for him to carry in here. I says "Bob, the last time they let armed yankees down here, it didn't go well."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2017, 02:41:36 PM »
To be truthful my family was in Nebraska by then, mosty to get away from the fueding back east, they were tired of both sides and their bickering. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com