Author Topic: Shooting the Breeze !  (Read 19654 times)

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Shooting the Breeze !
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2017, 04:50:01 AM »
Post, what post? ::) Probably not as much post left after that....
                                                                                                            It is getting pretty ragged .,,,,DT

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2017, 04:51:50 AM »
I smacked a crow with my Browning 1886 SRC 45/70 sitting on a top tree limb once. It just went poof, a few feathers floating around to the ground. Never seen the like. The only thing I ever killed with my 86,  >:( stupid Illinois laws.
                                                                                           Yall need to get them to change that law King .,,,DT

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2017, 07:31:09 AM »
I think so too. It would be more fun to come down and hunt with you tho, for hogs.
King Medallion

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 04:19:46 AM »

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2017, 08:16:09 AM »
I think so too. It would be more fun to come down and hunt with you tho, for hogs.
                                                                                We can dang sure make that happen , this spring . ,,,,DT

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 02:08:25 PM »
With all the house and shop moving haven't had time for much else , still have my machine tools yet to move , dread moving my lathe . Wind out of the North this morning still warm/hot but better . Walked into the gunroom and that 50/95 Express was just looking like aint it about time for some fire and smoke , absolutely ! Grabbed up the 76  .50 cal. about 30 cartridges and headed out for some shooting  . Shot standing ,  kneeling ,  sitting . Was my first shooting in a while , can smell hunting season around the corner . Hope Y'all are doing well Amigo's .,,,,DT

Offline larryo1

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »
My word!  And here I figgured that there warn't anybody left who talks.  Course the weather aint been too coopertive either.  Been busy here getting our back porch deck done and the haying season is about half done already as the 2nd cutting is getting ready and the winter wheat is getting rliper and riper.  Been eyeballing my '76 lately and it has started to wink back at me so one of these days but right now the relative humidity here is just a tad over 9% at the County Airport so I think that it is a tad bit too dry for any fun.  Anyway, glad that someone is still around.

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2018, 06:53:40 AM »
Reckon this summer has been a might busy for all.  I stop by each day to see if anyone has posted up, afraid I ain't had chance for any adventures with the 76 of late.  Like ya'll I am waiting for things to slow and the moderation of fall to come along with the hopes of getting out and burning some powder!  Glad all are doing ok, just busy!

P.B.

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2018, 01:30:53 PM »
Good to hear from you fellows , glad y'all are doing well ,,,,,DT

Offline larryo1

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2018, 03:16:26 PM »
Well,maybe now there will be some action here.  After all it is getting closer and closer to Fall y'know.

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »
 Hey , Dusty & all ,, thought when I closed my saddle & boot repair shop ( Nov. 2017 ) i'd have all the time I wanted to load & shoot ,, yea right !! have 20 some odd years of fix'n stuff i'd put off do'n ,, "time to pay the fiddler " . But i'm dang sure gett'n closer. Just one more big project then ,, if y'a call my name it will have to be " LONG DISTANCE " ,, been sneak'n out to the shop ( between 12 & 2:00 AM ) load'n a few up ( hee-hee ) me and the Red LEE ,,I love load'n ,,made a loading block for my 40/60 & 45/ 70's ( holds 75 cases ) & one for smaller cases . Ut-oo ,, wife's call for me ,, something else broke ,,,,, go'na sneek out to the shop ,, ya'll have a " good one ".

smoke'm if y'a got'm ,, Hootmix .

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2018, 08:32:02 AM »
Hey all - greetings from downunder
Life gets in our way sometimes - I been stoppin by on occasion too - have not had my 76 out for a month - we are in drought here and have been busy de stocking my little hobby size spread - about three and a half inches of rain for all of 2018 so far - grass is gone - well it never really grew much at all - lots of places in worse shape than here - but a good chunk of eastern australia is in trouble - price of hay and grain for feeding critters does not compute so most of mine are gone while they still worth selling. Pressure is off for now.
Have got some fiddly gun projects done along the way and have replenished my powder stash so enough on hand for me and the boy for the next year or so. Will make some willow charcoal this week and then grind some meal to put away for next year.
A couple months ago Dusty got me all excited (it dont take much) about longrange shooting with the 76 - its a stalled project at the moment but looks interesting and some good progress was made - my 45/75 has shot the heavier boolits (up to 525 grain) ok and I bought a couple of new molds - got some casted and loaded up ready for test now.
Well thanks to Dusty for kicking this into life again - hope all goes well for you all the next little while.
Greyhawk   

Offline larryo1

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2018, 01:56:08 PM »
Well howdy there.  Our second cuttingof hay is being cut right now.  It is about noonish here and is starting to get a wee bit on the warm side again.  Still working on the back porch project but damn neer done so will be able to take the '76 out and do some shooting.  It has been "winking" at me every time I take a gander at it.  Have not done any handgun shooting for awhile either but my boy's 460 S&W is getting to let us know that it wants to bust a few gallon jugs too. He has been thinking of putting a scope on that cannon but hasn't done so yet. It is almost as fun to shoot as my '76.

Anyway--better get back to work or will get hollered at so take care all of you.

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »
Well I was planning on getting mine out Saturday, but the temps in the high 80's low 90's with upper 90's humidity dictated to just do some reloading 45acp's in my air conditioned gun room. maybe next week.
King Medallion

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2018, 03:57:02 PM »
Been way toooo wet and tooo hot to shoot anything around here in eastern nc. My clubs July match got cancelled due to the water on the range. I’ve been working in my shop a little, that’s about all. Grass is 6 inches tall and gone to seed where it’s not underwater.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2018, 10:24:59 AM »
Glad to hear second cutting every yr. says the season has been good and will be changing soon ,  and hunting season is around the bend . Have laid off pulling the trigger myself the last few yrs. not this yr. decided to put some meat up this fall / winter . Cooked a turkey yesterday , been a while since I ate roasted turkey dang it was good , ate to much dreamed all night . Hope Yall had a good weekend .,,,,DT

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 11:04:34 AM »
  z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-choke , gruff , z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-,, w-what ?? ,z-z-z-z-z-.

COFFEE"S ready !!! Hootmix .

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2018, 02:18:45 PM »
  z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-choke , gruff , z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-,, w-what ?? ,z-z-z-z-z-.

COFFEE"S ready !!! Hootmix .
    May as well go back to sleep , was just a fly .,,,DT

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2018, 02:32:30 PM »
 Hey,Hey Dusty ,, i'm retired, I was tired yesterday and tired today = retired . Been slip'n out to the shop ( between 12.00 & 2:00 AM ) got 100 + 40/60's loaded ,, w/ both H 4198 &TB ,, next couple of weeks gon'n try to slip off  ( by myself ) do a little exper-ment'n ,, try to zero out to 300 yds. ( not meters ) ,, will post finding's . Hear y'a trying to get stuff moved ,, hope it goes well .

smoke'm if y'a got'm ,, Hootmix .

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2019, 12:26:14 PM »
Yes Sir I know what your saying about the retired , I seem to work as much now as ever . Did you get to try the 300 yd . shoot ? I picked up some IMR 4198 and plan on giving it a try in my 40/60 22".  All done moving , now getting ready to move again . Did I say I hate Hurricanes ! Bring in a log for the coffee .,,,DT

Offline matt45

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2019, 09:43:47 AM »
Hey all...
-4 F this morning up here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com