Author Topic: Shotguns for Vintage Hunting  (Read 126005 times)

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS
  • Top Active Citizen
Re: Shotguns for Vintage Hunting
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2017, 01:00:55 pm »
Howdy
Spring Turkey season is over and I had a Great season . The 87 fired 2 shots and killed 2 Turkeys . I was pleased with the shotgun and the bp ammo I loaded . I used # 5 shot and it worked like a charm . This past Sunday we grilled the legs and thighs off both birds and they were good , BUT  it won't be as good as the deep fried breast . Looking forward to the fall shotgun season now .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS
  • Top Active Citizen
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2017, 06:14:39 pm »
Howdy
I recently came up with a long barreled 1897 . It has a 30 inch barrel with a FULL choke . I can't wait to try it in the field .  ;D

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS
  • Top Active Citizen
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2018, 01:41:45 pm »
Howdy
The Turkey's are eaten and they were excellent . So this year I will probably go back to using my ttn double . I decided not to use the original 1897 . I decided to just keep beating up my TTN . The 1887 that I used last year was a fun gun to hunt with an did a great job dispatching 2 Turkeys . Hope everyone has a safe and successful season . Good luck and Happy Hunting .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS
  • Top Active Citizen
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2019, 06:12:01 pm »
Howdy
Do we have any bird hunters out there . What about Duck Hunters . This should be the time when the Hunters are in the field .

Offline hp246

• Top Active Citizen
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2019, 02:46:41 pm »
Howdy
Do we have any bird hunters out there . What about Duck Hunters . This should be the time when the Hunters are in the field .

Yep.  Upland season is over for us.  Never got into duck hunting.  Cold wet and hungry is no way to go through life.  Much prefer my Citori Feather for pheasant, but picked up a 20 ga. Darne a couple years ago for grouse.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS
  • Top Active Citizen
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2019, 02:06:09 pm »
Howdy
Turkey season is here , hunted yesterday the Tom's were there BUT not in range . The closest Tom was about 70 yards which is to far . Maybe next time .