Author Topic: Coated Bullet's????????  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
Coated Bullet's????????
« on: April 13, 2017, 09:04:57 PM »
 Anyone using the newer coated bullets,,rifle or pistols,,your not suppose to lube,,any thoughts????

Hootmix.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Coated Bullet's????????
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 02:23:10 AM »
They work fine.  Your hands don't get as dirty as loading lead bullets and your reloading press stays a lot cleaner without lube gumming up the works.  They are available through many sources.  Buy some and give them a try.

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 07:30:52 AM »
I have a number for my smokeless loads. I think I got them from Missouri Bullet Co. They're good. Pettifrogger is right on both counts. I've also found they make it a little easier to remember which cartridges are smokeless and which are BP. Worth the money, in my opinion.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:01:59 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 10:02:40 AM »
I was gonna try em.  I wandered all over Wally World trying to find some of those itty bitty Coats.  No luck.  Finally decided if the itty bitty coats were so hard to find, I didn't need em.  Besides, plain old "nude" bullets seem so much more avant guard.  ::)

Coffinmaker

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 10:36:49 AM »
Tried some a few years ago due to excessive leading in my AR .45 sbr. I've always suspected that the Olympic Arms .45 barrels are not the smoothest. Powder coated bullets are a great idea. They cost a little more than plain lead but will not deposit any lead or coating in your bore. I've even cast and coated a few batches to experiment with. I like them alot. Try Falcon Bullet Co and Blackmaxx Shooters Cast Bullets. Whenever I use up my lead bullet stock I plan to only use powder coated. I have a large stash of mixed scrap lead that I want to cast and coat. The best thing to me about powder coating is that it allows you to use any unknown hardness of lead bullet as the polymer coating protects the bore from the lead. And the slight difference in bullet weights between mixed? lead bullets and quality store bought is not really an issue in cas. Give them a try.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Jimeast

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 07:09:43 AM »
Less messy when re-loading.  My Ruger seems a little less dirty as well.   So far I've had very good luck with them.  I get mine from Missouri Bullet.

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 07:51:42 AM »
 Been do'n some reed'n (yep) ,,,moly coat same stuff I ust'a put I my dirt bike's to protect the mtrs. The "POLY" coated sound's like a better way to go, the poly don't coat the barrel's like the "MOLY",. I like the idea' of no lube,no mess,,might just have to try some.

Bet they will slip right in the o'l 76. chappie.

Hootmix.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com