Author Topic: Div of Illoinois and Dept of Missouri musters  (Read 7078 times)

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 54278
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Div of Illoinois and Dept of Missouri musters
« on: February 04, 2017, 01:55:24 PM »
For all who are wondering the Div of Illinois Muster will be held on 30 April 2017 at The Good Guys Posse range outside of Winnebago IL.  The Dept of Missouri Muster will (hopefully) held on 28, 29, and 30 July at The Tri County Gun club near Polo, IL.

Rain date for the Div of Illinois muster will be 29 Oct.  Same location.  No rain date for Dept of Missouri muster.  I am still working on the Tri County Gun Club for conformation.  Should have it one way or the other by end of Feb.  Div of Illinois is good to go come hell or high water.  Gatlin gun will be at both musters.  Big guns, I don't know, still trying and begging!!

Msgt Long

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Div of Illoinois and Dept of Missouri musters
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 06:56:39 AM »

More info; the Tri County Gun Club BOD gave its blessing for the Dept of Missouri Muster to be held on 28, 29, and 30 July, 2017.  Cost this year is $50.00 for the shoot and banquet.  For breakfast and lunch, I am still looking, begging (in some cases) for someone to staff those 2 entities.  Got some interest from a scout troop to do lunch only and I said that is fine with me and they keep the proceeds.  Still negotiating.  And, yes I did lower the cost to shoot and eat for this year.  Got a lot of grumbles from those Illini who did not shoot; "Cost too much, stay in teepee!"
Will contact my cowboy who has the artillery pieces and see if he would be willing to do a demo on Sat. 29 July.  Contractor so he keeps a tight schedule.
Will pass more info as it flys my way!!

Msgt Long

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »
  Info, if the Div. of Illinois match has to be cancelled I will post that info on Wed 26 April.  For those who like to camp, there is space (plenty) available.

Colors and formation @ 0845.  Start shooting at 0900 or so.  Depends upon the history lesson!!

Msgt Long

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:04:49 AM »

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 12:44:29 PM »
Do you have an address or coordinates for the range at Winnebago?

We are still planning to attend, but not to camp.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 05:02:34 PM »

The coordinates for Winnebago, no I don't, but I will look them up and post them asap!!  Regarding Sunday 30 April, the Division of Illinois Muster is cancelled.  Weather forecast is for rain Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  We will fall back to the rain date which is 29 October 2017.  Will look up coordinates for both musters being held in Illinois.

Msgt Long

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 05:26:42 PM »
Additional info; GPS coordinates for 10573 Telegraph Rd, Winnebago are:  Latitude: 42.335492; Longitude: -89.24613.  This address and GPS are for the Div Illinois Muster.  The Dept of Missouri Muster coordinates can be found on the Tri County Gun Club website.  tcgc.net.

If I can answer any questions give me a pm and I'll do my best!!

Msgt Long

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »
Any more info on the Dept of the Missouri Muster? Will there be an encampment? Round count? Expansion era/side matches?

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »
Dept of Missouri Muster will be 4 or 5 stages.  2 stages will have as many as 15 to 20 targets.  The other 3, 10 to 20 targets.  Say 130 rifle rounds and in and around 30 to 50 pistol.  I'm almost done writing, then I'll modify.  Will not be any more and the round count could be less.

If the artillery shows then we will have a smaller round count.  I will not know about that until Sat (8 July) when I have the cowboy shoot. I am taking in the time of the year and the latter part of July is usually warm and humid.

Msgt Long

Offline Shamrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Dept of Missouri 2017 Muster
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 12:22:57 PM »
2017 Grand Army of the Frontier
Department of Missouri Muster
July 28-29, 2017

The 2017 GAF Department of Missouri Muster will be held in Illinois on 28 and 29 of July 2017. The location of the muster will be at the Tri County Gun Club 3441 South Brookville Road, Polo, IL 61064 which is 5 miles west of Polo, Illinois and approx. 4 miles east of Milledgeville, Illinois.
This Muster will be open to anyone in the GAF. If not currently a member you can “enlist” at the muster. Membership in the GAF is free and easy. It is not necessary to have a uniform or military type weapons. You can shoot your cowboy guns and wear cowboy clothing.
Round counts will be dependent on the number of times the shooter needs to shoot at each target to hit the target. This is “clean” match format. 100 rounds for rifle and pistol would be a good plan. We will shoot 4 or 5 stages, one of which will be "skirmish type", like the National GAF muster.
Camping will be permitted. Primitive camping as well as RV hookups will be available. However we do need prior registration for camping. Please be advised that there is NO Alcohol allowed on the grounds of the range. This will be strictly enforced. There are motels in Dixon, Rock Falls, Oregon and Polo, Illinois.
The following schedule will be followed:
•   28 July morning colors at 0700. Precision rifle (200 yds.) @ 0900. Precision Pistol, B 25 target at same time. If we get through the rifle and pistol disciplines we will start on the stages. 1700 retire the colors.
•   29 July morning colors @ 0700. Will start stages 1 & 2, 3 & 4. 1700 retire the colors.
Other info: the Tri County Gun Club is the host for this match. The club house is fully contained and fully furnished. There are 9 pistol bays covering distances from 25 yards to 75 yards. One bay (#2) is 35 yards deep X 50 yards wide. 2 rifle ranges 1 @ 200 yards and 1 @ 100 yards. You will have an opportunity to get your long gun sighted in.
If you are planning on coming, please PM me with the following info: Camping; yes/no. Class as per GAF guidelines. If you are unsure, no problem we will get you in order. There will be a prize table too similar to what Pitspitr runs. The cost is $35.00 There will be NO banquet this year. Arrangements are being finalized for breakfast and lunch, there will be an additional cost for those meals.
Any questions contact us and we'll get you an answer! Look forward to seeing you there.
Don Long -- dlong4216@comcast.net 815-967-6333

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 06:57:55 PM »
What, if any, ammo limitations for the long range? Jacketed ok? Gas checks ok for the regular match ammo?

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 10:41:00 PM »
Long range is being eliminated for this year.  So all ammo will have to conform to GAF specs.  I do not have any AR500 targets for max and jacketed loads.  There will be a rifle "test" and that will take place on pistol bay #1.  On Friday28 July we will do a skirmish stage on the 100 yard range, then progress to the front of the club for precision pistol, rifle test, and the other stages.  100 rifle rounds and 35 pistol should get you through.
Camping is available, but I NEED TO KNOW if you want to camp ahead of time so that I may inform the BOD.  Primitive or modern PLEASE let me know!!  Don Long @ 779-207-5973.  Any other questions or concerns please call me before the match. 
Almost forgot, there will be no Expansion Era stage.  Also daily start time will be at 0830.  Artillery I am unsure as of now.  Will post Sat afternoon if we will have artillery demo.

Msgt Long

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com