Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving !!  (Read 2453 times)

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Happy Thanksgiving !!
« on: November 24, 2016, 08:50:18 PM »
Hey Folks,

Little late here but hope all had or are still having a good Thanksgiving Holiday!! 

Took the chance today to run 40 rounds through the 45-75 and give family members (some I haven't seen in several years) some trigger time too.  To say a good time was had by all is an understatement.  The rifle proved again it can shoot much better than I can.  We got to seeing who could shoot a small sampling in half, something I would not have figured to do but my 1st cousin who is considered the finest shot in the family started it.  Well by golly both of us pulled it off!  Not that far just 25 or so steps but we ain't young as we used to be either!  Even got my youngest son and his girl friend to shoot the big rifle, think they are both sold on it!

Good food, wonderful family and an afternoon in the woods with our shootin irons!  Don't get any better.

God's blessings to all and hope you counted your blessings today.

Keep ya powder dry.

PB

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
Re: Happy Thanksgiving !!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 07:27:19 AM »
Sounds like a great day! My family used to do the same thing on Easter Sunday at Grandma's, when I was teenager. My brothers and cousins that had them would bring their .22's, and we'd spend a couple hours after dinner shooting. Shame that fun traditions kinda fade away after a few years. 
King Medallion

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 09:04:51 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving , to Y'all.  ,,,DT

Advertising