Author Topic: Division of Illinois Musters Dates  (Read 9460 times)

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 54278
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Division of Illinois Musters Dates
« on: January 29, 2015, 07:22:51 AM »
Soldiers,

On the evening of 27 January at a location in Woodstock, Il and after some BS, it was decided that the Division of Illinois will again hold 2 Musters this year.  The first muster will be held at the Tri County Gun Club (web: tcgc.net) outside of and near Polo, Illinois.
It has not been confirmed as of this report, but we will try to have 2 guns for a artillery demo. A 1858 mountain howitzer and a 1863 Parrot Rifle (2 of my cowboys work these really well).  The date of the first muster here is 13 June 2015.

The second muster for the Division of Illinois will be held at The Good Guys Posse Range on 30 August 2015.  The "Gatlin' Gun" shall be there and entertain all troops and enemy combatants.

More info to follow from Col's Strong and Shamrock.

Maj SH Long

Offline Sam Perfye

• Top Active Citizen
  • Al Weaver
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Division of Illinois Musters Dates
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 07:02:42 PM »
Maj. Long, Is either one of these designated as the Dept. of Missouri (regional) Muster? Might be able to make the Aug. muster if things go well at work. Al.
Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 07:30:35 PM »
First one is too close to the Grand Muster, but I'll sure try for the 2nd one!
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:45:50 AM »

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 08:27:21 PM »
Too bad the first one is the same time as the NCOWS nationals.  We have pushed the dates later in June just to accommodate COL Strong.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 06:49:32 AM »
 Yes concerning the Dept of Missouri,  The August match will be The Dept of Missouri.  The first one in June will be Division of IL.  Will not be able to have the artillery for the Dept of Missouri as that will be held at the Good Guys Posse Range.  The land owner does not want to take the chance of us lighting up the farmland surrounding the Posse's range.  They are impressive.  The June match will be held at a gun club which has enough space to really let go with the big guns.

On the just for your info, at either site we are able to accommodate 40+ shooters.

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 02:38:39 PM »

After viewing Trapdoor vs Mosin, we will be incorporating a similar, if not a tad different, format which those 2 shooters experienced.  More than likely there will be no rolling around on the ground as most of us are "too darned old" to be doing that.  Rest assured that the wheels are turning and it will be an interesting match!!??  This will take place on 13 Jun 2015, hosted by the Div of IL. :-\ :-\

Maj SH Long

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 07:10:51 AM »
For those who are sneaky, cunning, and bear considerable watching (ie NCO's especially retired NCO's) the Div of Iller-noise is proud to announce that Charles "Moose Wrangler" Strong has been promoted to the Bvt rank of SgtMaj.  Shortly thereafter Bill "Charles Goodnight" Mayes was promoted to the rank of Bvt Major and doused with the additional responsibility of Vice Commander Div of Illinois (I really like Delmonico's spelling better).  SgtMaj Moose Wrangler and Maj Goodnight will be officially tattooed and pinned 13 June 2015.  Official orders will follow soon.

Maj SH Long

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
  More plotting here in Iller-noise!
                  More than necessary!
                    Equally intriguing!

Maj SH Long

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 09:58:39 PM »
 The plotting is over and I can give out an ammo count.  One will need 50+ rifle rounds and 50+ pistol rounds.  Do bring extra as we will do a squad shoot at a 2x4 or 2x4's.  very popular here in Iller-noise!
As far as the big guns go, all depends on how busy he gets building homes.  As an electrician I have noticed a spike in my business too.  So, he is hoping to bring out the artillery and so am I.

Note there is no camping for this shoot.  Have to wait until August for the Dept of Missery shoot.  So if you get out here, GREAT!  If not will see some or all in NeeBraskie!

Goodnight!

Maj SH Long

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 04:52:19 PM »
I will add the cost of the match is $20.00 and includes lunch.  No lunch regular old $15.00.  And DO BRING extra ammo as my vice does not have his ammo count in line yet.

If nothing else is read about Iller-noise, do read my after action report as it will feature characters only pertinent to the Tri County Gun Club.

Maj SH Long           (the SH stands for my old SASS handle, Sierra Hombre.)

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 07:09:30 AM »
 The Division of Illinois will hold a 1 day match on 29 May 2016 at The Good Guys Posse Range near Winnebago, Il.
Your host will be Bvt Col Shamrock!
More info will be forthcoming.

Msgt Long

Offline Galen

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 07:38:11 AM »
Please post the course of fire. Thank you.

Offline LT Col Long

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 07:13:08 AM »

As stated before, Col Shamrock will be the host for the IL Div shoot on 29 May.  This will be held at the Good Guys Posse Range outside of Winnebago, IL.  The range is a dedicated cowboy action shooting range.  There is not a whole lot of area to do long range rifle and skirmish scenarios. 
Format will be the following: Post the colors, brief safety meeting, divide into squads ( if the numbers allow), shoot like 7734!

The second match to be held here in IL will be at the Tri County Gun Club on 28, 29, and 30 July.  I'll do my best with what the club has allowed to the GAF to incorporate skirmish type scenarios.  More info as we get closer.

Msgt Long

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com