Author Topic: Henry repeating arms company IRON frame henry thoughts?  (Read 14372 times)

Offline nativeshootist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Henry repeating arms company IRON frame henry thoughts?
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 01:52:42 AM »
Gimme a BREAK you guys!!

Everybody snivels there is no US made Henry.  HRA starts manufacturing a really nice Henry.  Everybody complains it's too expensive.

Everybody snivels they want an "Iron Frame Henry."  HRA starts manufacturing an "iron" frame.  Everybody complains because it's CCH as
opposed to all Blue.

So, you want a Henry, but you don't want to pay for it.  You want the Henry "your way" even though your not willing to pay for it.  Are you
under the mistaken impression this is a BURGER KING???  HRA gave you both versions of Henry, made in the USA and all you can do is
BITCH??

Mike is exempt from this tirade.  He is on the other side of the planet where all the blood runs down to your head  ;D

Coffinmaker

ooooh, i like this guy.

Offline Four Eyes Henry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 06:57:39 AM »
Maybe they could make a flatside '66...... ;D
DWSA #102
SASS  #16042
BDS    #2197

He will come to your house carrying a sixpack of goodwill and joy. The Reverend Horton Heat

http://www.youtube.com/user/foureyeshenry1

Offline tn_shooter

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 10:19:27 AM »
It might not be important to you... but the last three HRA 1860s I've seen and handled (all in the last 8 months: 2 brass and 1 iron - at the April NRA Nationals and at a LGS) all had barrels that were so over polished that they were nearly round.  I understand this is not the case with early production models but if having the "right" octagonal barrel is important to you it would be wise to call and ask your questions before buying.

The Henry reps at the NRA Nationals didn't know what I was talking about when I asked them about the nearly round barrels on the 1860s they had under glass and my LGS s still waiting, I believe, for a new barrel or rifle to replace the one he ordered for the shop and he knows Anthony at Henry personally going back to the Colt 2nd gen and Signature series blackpowder days.

HRA makes beautiful rifles in America, but like any manufacturer you've got to to make sure you get what YOU want quality-wise.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 08:28:24 PM »

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 01:29:55 PM »
I promise to stand on my head before open tne site in the future so i can have a better in site to the threads.
 ;D
Flat side would be good.

I agree with suporting local buisnesses and you guys should buy US mafe guns but why pay more for the same thing all be it has not burn up carbin credits getting to you.

We buy a high quality rifle scopes out of tne US factory and  they are cheaper to import than from the European home factory.

As i said before you only have to buy it once, If i found one here and they are only special order and i had the money i would add one to my collection.
 ;D
Buffalochip

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 02:15:58 PM »
HRA would be smart to tool up & make a run of the '66  & '73  IMO. Not a few are not happy with the 'Japchester' safety screw on the top of the receiver of the current Miroku. However, they need to cut costs so as to be competitive. The biggest problem is the communist state they are located in and all the inherent taxes therein.  ::)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 02:33:16 PM »
Way back in the way back, Uberti had final fit and finish problems too.  Navy Arms own Val Forgett went to Italy to show Uberti how to finish Octagonal barrels.  HRA needs the same lesson.  Apparently.  Could well be a limited number of guns.  Now:   

I agree.  It would be wonderful if HRA would do a run of '66s, or even Henrys in 45.  Or, I would like some customs.  Here is the problem.
Limited Market.  It is also a Limited Market that is shrinking.  If there is no real profit, they won't make it.

I don't suggest we hold our breath.  We won't look good, dead blue  :o

Coffinmaker

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 02:53:53 PM »
Aw Krapola!!
I completely forgot to address the OP's original "in the first place" question.  Shoulda done that before we became "Divergent."

I, personally, am "In Lust."  I really really like CCH with brilliant vibrant colour (Mike will like the spelling).  If your going to do CCH, that
flat, grey dull stuff becomes "why bother."  A Henry can be made to run every bit as fast as competitive '73s (Brass Henrys).  I built several
Iron Frame Henrys that I wished were mine.  They ran incredibly well.  SO:

I am currently saving my pennies for an HRA Iron Frame.  I'm even gonna bite the bullet and get a set of 44-40 dies.  I like it that well.

Coffinmaker

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 03:42:42 PM »
HRA  The biggest problem is the communist state they are located in and all the inherent taxes therein.  ::)
Perhaps they should move South to one of the gun friendly states as so many other firearms industries have done.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2015, 05:48:56 PM »
...Here is the problem.
Limited Market.  It is also a Limited Market that is shrinking.  If there is no real profit, they won't make it.

I don't suggest we hold our breath...

I agree.

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »
Talked to the Uberti man here and he said the US is still buying Uberti's total production. Is this true?
Happy New year. ;D
Buffalochip

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 09:11:09 PM »
Hey Mike,

Probably.  The real question though, is how much Uberti is current producing??  Those Halcyon days of yore when there was a container full of nothing but rifles are long gone.  Uberti has scaled production of 19th Century guns way back.

Coffinmaker

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 12:47:46 PM »
what are your guys thoughts about HRA's Iron frame henries that they are releasing? 2nd to the bottom, it doesnt have its own page yet.

The buttplate is wrong. The top corner of the Iron framed Henry buttplates were rounded, the way Uberti does it.

Yeah, I'm nitpicking. But most of you guys know I will never buy a HRAC product until they change their deceitful advertising. Which will probably be never.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 01:09:26 PM »
There other rifles are just real ugly, you are correct the butt plate is wrong for the early production steel frame and early brass frame Henry's
Buffalochip

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 03:03:37 PM »
The buttplate is wrong. The top corner of the Iron framed Henry buttplates were rounded, the way Uberti does it.

Yeah, I'm nitpicking. But most of you guys know I will never buy a HRAC product until they change their deceitful advertising. Which will probably be never.

Some iron frame Ubertis are & some aren't. Depends on when made. As well, if a fella wants to really nitpick none have the Henry 'bump' or the 'perch belly' as on the early ones. I have a brass frame Uberti that the previous owner altered the buttplate to a 1st Model type. Someday I will post some photos. It looks perfect and shoulders quicker IMO.

Here's a new HRA one that appears to have rounded barrel flats.  :'(

https://www.gunsamerica.com/998493748/Original-Henry-Iron-Frame-Color-Case-Hardened-44-40-H011IF.htm

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 04:33:29 PM »
Howdy Again

Here is the rounded top of the buttplate on my 'iron framed' Uberti Henry.

Regarding over polish: Yes, I have examined a couple of HRAC Henrys, the brass version. They appeared over polished to me, with some edges rounded over that should have remained hard.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 05:54:05 PM »
+1 what Coffinmaker said.  You guys are like my wife - incessant bitching about trivial things.  You could find even more nit picky stuff to complain about Ubertis if they were the focus of the day.

I'm thrilled to have a US company make these rifles in the USA, and I'm saving my pennies for one - again, like Coffinmaker.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2016, 07:32:23 PM »
Perhaps they should move South to one of the gun friendly states as so many other firearms industries have done.

Will Ketchum

They are.  They are moving to Wisconsin.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2016, 07:43:51 PM »
Howdy Again

Here is the rounded top of the buttplate on my 'iron framed' Uberti Henry.

Regarding over polish: Yes, I have examined a couple of HRAC Henrys, the brass version. They appeared over polished to me, with some edges rounded over that should have remained hard.

I like the look of the "distressed" wood.  Means it has been shot a bunch.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 01:51:13 AM »
I like the look of the "distressed" wood.  Means it has been shot a bunch.

Yes, but the polyurethane..................... :o  ;)

Here's one with the Type II buttplate:

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/10826547

I have no idea when exactly Uberti changed the buttplate style, but I am thinking in the past 10 yrs. or so as well as losing the lever latch. I wonder who made them change it... ???

Can you even get an all blue one anymore?

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 12:38:40 PM »
I tried to order a blue one, will know in a week if it is.
I have not found any evidence of a original steel frame with this butt plate, as the early brass frames had the rounded butt there may not have been any.
If the casting is solid it can be rounded, i am thinking of doing my brass gun. I have removed the safty and fitted a correct triger in a 66 so now this can be done.
That steel frame was a good price ;D
Buffalochip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com