Author Topic: General Question For All  (Read 2482 times)

The Arapaho Kid

General Question For All
« on: November 10, 2005, 11:20:28 AM »
I was thinking (and that can often be dangerous!) that we should have a Rant/Bitch Board.  If we had one of those...pards that wanted to rant on, or bitch about something they could take it there, rather than drop it on one of the regular boards.  That way it would keep the regular boards free for what they are dedicated to.

So....without setting up a poll....let's hear it on this idea.  Should we have a Rant/Bitch Board, or not?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
Re: General Question For All
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 11:35:14 AM »
I vote no.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Marshal'ette Halloway

• The Marshal's Boss & Head Rebel Rowser
  • Peace Officer
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither work
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 11:46:06 AM »
This is my opininon and thoughts on an open forum venting room.

#1.. Most people don't know the "real" person behind the alias.

#2.. They don't know "how you talk or how you sound" when you talk..so things are misinterpreted.

#3.. Venting usually involves other people and how they P*** you off..and that is usually apparent when a person is "venting".

#4... What makes you mad as hell for the moment ususally subsides after a day or two..
and after venting and getting it off your chest,YOU are fine.. but the other people involved in the situation,
 now have their feelings hurt or are drug into it because of friendships with the people involved...and new brawls are started in another corner of the room.

I have found that most people don't want to get involved in things like this.. are here to have a good time, learn and converse about the sport and get away from the BS that real life sometimes surrounds us with.
Instead of airing it all on the forum for everyone to see, and get involved in... and turn it into a bar fight..( and that is what it would turn out to be..)
 I suggest that anyone needing to vent, find someone that they can "TRUST" and use e-mail and Pm's for this kind of thing.

I have said from day one that my door is always open....it goes no further than me. and there are lots of pards out there who can be trusted and are true friends.

I have a "few" that I "use" for this exact kind of thing. *smiling* (poor people) :D
 When I say use and a few.. that is exactly what I mean .. It takes full trust in someone ( on both ends)  to be able to use them whenever you need to, to openly vent and holler and rant and rave and know that it stays right there and goes no further...and won't backfire and come back to bite you in the butt.
 And the few I trust and use for this part of me, also in turn use and know that they can trust me to be able to do the same.
Anytime ..day or night..
And they do...And I do.
It is a nice compact arrangement...that works...

Trust is the key factor.

So with all of that said.. I will make the 8) executive decision that we will not have a venting board.  :-X

Not that I wouldn't like to use it mind you.. LOL
but too many things will get taken wrong, too many feelings will be hurt..and it is generally negative feelings that are attached to it.

I don't think seeing dirty laundry piled in small bundles, all over main street, people fighing with each other and being able to hear the bickering about things in the open, makes for a very good first impression for anyone riding into CasCity. Or for the ones who live here and just want a fun cowboy family type atmosphere to live in.

CasCity is here.....Deadwood is the next town. ;)

SASS #56524, BCVC #26

The smell of heaven is Fresh Baked Bread and Gun Powder.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:03:12 AM »

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 12:03:20 PM »
WELL FORGET IT THEN!  IT WAS JUST AN IDEA!

Derby Younger

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 12:07:19 PM »
Rap:

IMO.

The Marshall has structured CAS City as a place for meeting, discussing, learning and sharing experiences. As a result, very little ranting and bitching appears. The interesting part of that result is that the posters moderate themselves to a large extent. In the rare event of a post considered atypical to the concept, it is moved by a moderator to a forum more in line with the topic. Very rarely does a topic reach the point of being locked due to content.

Now compare thie City to some others of your choice. Does it seem like a small town or Falujah? And how many folks have been banned?

Personally, i believe a R/B forum is a negative addition. Respectfully, my vote is No.

Thanks for listening.

PS. Wrote this one before seeing the Marshalls' post, which linked to the Marshal'ette's post, which I then read.

Offline Marshal'ette Halloway

• The Marshal's Boss & Head Rebel Rowser
  • Peace Officer
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither work
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 03:50:54 PM »

PS. Wrote this one before seeing the Marshalls' post.

~~*clearing my throat and tapping my toe*

The MARSHAL'ETTE'S post Derby dear ;)
SASS #56524, BCVC #26

The smell of heaven is Fresh Baked Bread and Gun Powder.

Offline Highlander999

• Top Active Citizen
  • We don't rent pigs.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 04:17:51 PM »
Gotta agree... Usually even though no offense is meant.. Someone gets their feelings hurt or it starts an all out war..
“I have, in my day, thieved cattle, your lordship. But none that were under my watch” (“Is that what passes for honor with a MacGregor”, Earl of Montrose), “What passes for honor with me, is likely not the same as with your Lordship, when my word is given, it is good”
                     (Rob Roy)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com