Author Topic: American Tactical Import  (Read 8953 times)

Offline griswold

• Top Active Citizen
American Tactical Import
« on: September 29, 2015, 11:06:13 am »
Can anyone tell me the quality of the 1911's distributed by American Tactical Imports?
Griswold,
The Griswold was favored by my Great Grand Pa James Henry Story who rode with the 7th Georgia Cavalry.

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
Re: American Tactical Import
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:57:40 am »
Seems to be a good gun. Has a pretty stiff trigger pull. Chamber is a little tight so its a little picky on ammo. Overall a good gun for the price. wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cracker Cow Cavalry
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 04:32:49 pm »
Gets good praise ... I have the Cimarron , I can't find fault with it
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 07:52:36 pm »
I have one in a Commander size. Fantastic gun. My gunsmith looked it over and was very impressed.
Yup, I'm that DeaconKC from Surplus Rifle
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088

Offline griswold

• Top Active Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 11:14:58 am »
Thanks for the reply's..............I looked over one at the local gun shop and the machine work by the manufacture, SAM Inc. Philippines, is impressive.......very close mil spec. tolerances, 4140 steel, nice even parkerized finish (but I understand it is thin and not too durable)...........compared it to a Rock Island which are made by Armscorp.........the ATI is much tighter and cleaner..funny that the gun dealer stated the ATI's are at the bottom of the barrel in 1911's..didn't want to argue that point as he might raise his prices....just wish they made one in a polished blue finish like the Cimarron Guns by Armscorp.

Gris
Griswold,
The Griswold was favored by my Great Grand Pa James Henry Story who rode with the 7th Georgia Cavalry.

Offline Capt Quirk

• Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 02:18:16 pm »
I just got the military 45, and was truly amazed at how much it was like the service pistol I had to qualify with. The only issue, is that the finish is kinda thin. I picked up a scratch on the slide on day one, and it is wearing thin in places after only a week.

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 08:57:03 pm »
Wound up trading for a 5" ATI a couple months ago. Lightly used, I stuffed a new Wolff recoil spring in it and it runs like a scalded cat. These are good, solid guns with the machining done in the right places.
Yup, I'm that DeaconKC from Surplus Rifle
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 05:48:25 am »
Mine has become my main match gun in WB. I also own Colts, Rugers and a couple of Kimbers.
wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.