Author Topic: Serial Numbers - Let's Support Yahoody!  (Read 53290 times)

Offline satchmo

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Serial Numbers - Let's Support Yahoody!
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2018, 10:04:31 PM »
Ah, yes!...  The hammer on 23659 is the spitting image of the hammer pictured on the far left.

I was comparing it to the hammer on 26014 which is like the one on the far right.

Interesting that they would use patterns that are so different.

Thanks!

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2018, 09:14:15 AM »
Hammer on the far left, with the border, should be on a black powder frame.
"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

Offline Buck Stinson

• Top Active Citizen
    • Old West Reproductions, Inc.
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2018, 07:34:18 PM »
Serial number 22555, 4 3/4" .44WCF.  Blued and cased. Smokeless frame.

Serial number 27364, 4 3/4" .38WCF.  Blued and cased.  Smokeless frame.

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 11:34:09 AM »

Offline satchmo

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2018, 10:03:01 AM »
Yahoody,

23659 is definitely not a black powder frame.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2018, 11:29:36 AM »
Beautiful gun either way.  Hammer fits..and no question it was hand checkered early on :)

Offline satchmo

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2018, 03:37:37 PM »
Thanks!

It's my favorite SAA.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2018, 01:08:35 PM »
Some wonderful guns and info here.  Thanks to everyone!  I am just now trying to put it all into some sort of order and one place on the Internet for easy access to all.  Please feel free to add anything  you have for serial numbers or data points of interest.

more via Ben, "I have A582 built in 2001 and has a dated empty cartridge envelope for November 2001 signed by good ol' Al V. The second is B514 and it left the factory in September 2002. That date came from USFA before the doors shut. They also confirmed that those guns were when some Uberti parts were still being used. "

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2018, 09:08:31 PM »
yahoody, I have five US made USFA's but I didn't purchase them new, although some of them either have never been fired or I was the first to fire them, so I don't know the dates they were made. Do you want the serial numbers anyway?
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2018, 11:21:55 PM »
Quote from: Buckaroo Lou
..... I don't know the dates they were made. Do you want the serial numbers anyway?

You bet Lou, every number helps sort them all out.

Offline CJS57

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2018, 03:10:08 PM »
Prewar 4 3/4" Walnut, case colored BP frame and hammer, walnut grips and 2 - .45 Colt caliber cylinders both serial numbered to the gun. All on shown on the end label. NIB and perfect all USA of course. Serial 28,285. How close to the end of production is this gun? Thanks!

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2018, 05:04:57 PM »
CJ...no one really knows that is talking, but I suspect your gun is in the last year of production.  Not seen a 29000's gun but that is suppose to be the end of "normal" production.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2018, 12:34:07 AM »
Prewar 4 3/4" Walnut, case colored BP frame and hammer, walnut grips and 2 - .45 Colt caliber cylinders both serial numbered to the gun. All on shown on the end label. NIB and perfect all USA of course. Serial 28,285. How close to the end of production is this gun? Thanks!

silly question I know but are you sure the are both 45 Colt and not one a 45acp?

Offline CJS57

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2018, 06:26:36 AM »
Yes both are 45 Colt cal. I examined both cylinders and they are 45 Colt not ACP. Plus the box end label also has the gun as 45 Colt and the extra cylinder as 45 Colt as well. Very unusual but that is how it was made and shipped. All NIB and untouched and never handled. It was Collected since new and is 100%. Owner got tired of it. Cost me 2k.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2018, 08:46:45 AM »
Thanks, sounds like a neat gun!

Offline mickee

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2018, 04:01:40 PM »
Hello!  Thought I would submit USFA Ser # 58988, Gunslinger, .45, 4 3/4, BP frame, walnut grips. I ordered this gun new from USFA around 2005/2006.  I ordered the gunslinger because of the aged finish.  This SA is a working gun, my personal carry weapon for about 10 years down here in Texas,  and it shows it.  I didn't want a gun that was to pretty to use on a daily basis.  Its personality just gets better with age and use.  I love this gun, flawless operation, shoots right to the point of aim, couldn't ask for better!  Hope this information is of use to your project.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2018, 06:44:56 PM »
Hello!  Thought I would submit USFA Ser # 58988, Gunslinger, .45, 4 3/4, BP frame, walnut grips. I ordered this gun new from USFA around 2005/2006.  I ordered the gunslinger because of the aged finish.  This SA is a working gun, my personal carry weapon for about 10 years down here in Texas,  and it shows it.  I didn't want a gun that was to pretty to use on a daily basis.  Its personality just gets better with age and use.  I love this gun, flawless operation, shoots right to the point of aim, couldn't ask for better!  Hope this information is of use to your project.

mickee,

I am green with envy (smile). I would love to have that very gun to go with the 7-1/2" Gunslinger 45 Colt with a BP frame I have. I hate the name "Gunslinger" but have learned to love the finish as applied by the factory since acquiring mine.

I am so jealous,
Dave

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2018, 07:25:21 PM »
Thank you Mickee.  Great info!  And a really nice gun.

I thought about DaveT when seeing your gun.  I see he has  ;D

Offline mickee

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2018, 01:20:59 PM »
To Dave T and Yahoody, glad you found the info useful.  Regarding the name "gunslinger" that USFA hung on that SA, I'm in agreement, horrible name for that weapon but the usefullness of that SA outweighs all else.  I'm not the USFA guru some of you folks are but as far as I can tell this is a 100% USFA made gun.  As I stated previously, this is my daily carry gun, both open carry and concealed.  Its a bit large and heavy for concealed but carried in a tight to the body Mernickle holster and a good stiff, thick leather belt and a loose shirt it works out OK.  If I get a chance I'll try to get a photo posted to give an idea of what this shooter looks like with 10 years plus of honest daily wear on her. Worn grey/silver, honest holster wear and worn walnut.  Each year that goes by I like this shooter more and more.  Everyone be well!

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2018, 02:44:23 PM »
I love the idea of shooting these guns. Of course that pretty well places me outside the "collector" class but I can't help it. For 51 years now I have found myself selling guns I don't shoot. It usually takes about 2 years but if I haven't fired it in that length of time the bloom is off the rose. Yea I've gotten rid of some guns I now miss (don't ask about my 1st Gen Colts, it'll start me crying) but I am at heart a shooter.

I'm looking for an all US pre-war USFA BP frame, 45 Colt, 4-3/4" or a BP framed  Gunslinger in that length. They are rare birds but I guarantee if I locate either one and can afford it, I will shoot it and I mean more than once to say I did. Probably with BP loads at that. (smile)

Dave

Offline mickee

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2018, 03:33:12 PM »
To Dave T. You have probably seen it but I'll give you a heads up anyway.  Gunbroker has a .45 USFA Gunslinger, 4 3/4,  58XXX serial range I believe.  However it is not a BP frame but is for sale at a low price with no bids on it.  Says unfired, but I don't know about that.  I've seen better patina finishes but the the low asking it might be worth a look see.  Best wishes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com