Author Topic: For those that don't get out much.....  (Read 2406 times)

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
For those that don't get out much.....
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »
Many of us huddle here on the USFA forum for good reason.  Beautiful guns!

With that thought in mind I wanted to share the most recent to show up at my barn :)
The second Colt's of a dedicated pair, 7 digits apart.  Jim @ Nutmeg and Jerome Harper the artists.
I am exceptionally pleased with their most recent effort and attention to detail involved in making this pair for me.

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: For those that don't get out much.....
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:56:40 PM »
This is the 4th engraved gun I have had Jim at Nutmeg/Jerry Harper engrave for me.  Always been almost 4 months to the day on them all.   He has never made me wait more than 120s days...almost sure of it.   Amazing track record there and on his ivory deliveries...which I have done a bunch of.  Always faster than quoted on ivory.

No one in the custom business even remotely close to that I am aware of.  My other engraving projects with well know artists?  All are months quickly going on a YEAR behind what was promised.  I've had work from all of them previous and no one doing anything better than Nutmeg's efforts IMO.  Moe than a few of them not at this level how ever.

Anyway, Jim has been really good to me.  I've always asked a lot and he has consistently delivered time after time on every project.  Took me a while to really become a fan.  But am now, no question.     

Cost?  About a grand less than dbl a new Prewar USFA these days, and it includes a new Colt and ivory!  It is a hell of a deal by comparison.

A nice detail...only one of many....1st gen checkering on the hammers.

Offline hopalong

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:14:52 PM »
Just beautiful!  I especially like the ivory grain.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:34:47 PM »

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:44:50 PM »
Thanks Hopalong.  Hard to see because of the quality of the photo/ lighting and the fact they are brand new and overly white, but the upper gun has the same color and grain as the earlier gun.  Time and some use will make them just as unique for color and outstanding grain.  Jim did an exceptional job matching the grips as well as the engraving patterns.

The more I work with Nutmeg the more I realize what a bargain his guns are.

Offline Grogan

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #3584
    • Grogan's Photo Albums
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 10:08:48 PM »
Where do I click "Like"?  :D
Regards,
Grogan, SASS #3584

Frontiersman: The only category where you can play with your balls and shoot your wad while tweaking the nipples on a pair of 44s. -Canada Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com