Author Topic: PP522 from Cimarron  (Read 151787 times)

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: PP522 from Cimarron
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2015, 11:28:44 AM »
Coffinmaker
Thanks for the input . Have plans for shooting today . Will post the results .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2015, 06:55:37 PM »
Howdy
I tried a couple different loads with WLP Primers and CCI  magnum pistol primers . The load with the magnum primers gave the best group . My old faithful WLP let me down . The group was not to shabby .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2015, 06:57:10 PM »
Howdy
Got a chance to try another load . I am trying a load of Trail Boss with the Meister .430 200 grain bullet . This pistol is a shooter .
5 shots at 11 yards .

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 05:42:28 PM »

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2015, 06:33:25 PM »
Howdy
Today I decided to drop a Wolfe main spring in . The factory main spring had a trigger pull of 3.5 lbs  the Wolfe main spring has a trigger pull of 2.2 . After installing I tried it  , with WLP primers no problem . Next I tried with CCI primers no problem either . And yes it made a noticeable improvement .It had a pretty good trigger out of the box , but it has a better trigger now .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2015, 09:37:22 PM »
Howdy
After work I loaded my lawn mower and went to our hunting cabin and mowed . My son came along and after mowing we did a little shooting . I sat the targets out and we started shooting . I was hitting targets out to 20 yards . The Pietta is a shooter even my son liked shooting it , but when your ringing steel that's a good thing .

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »
Sounds like a real nice revolver Rowdy. Keep shooting and ringing those gongs! Live the dream.  ;D

I've had an MP4 for years from Cimarron in 44 WCF and I absolutely love it (except for the narrow front sight blade). Trigger releases at 3.5 lbs consistently as is / out of the box. I also have a Ruger Vaquero with Wolfe springs that breaks cleanly at 2.25, so I know what you mean about really nice trigger pull.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2015, 07:32:58 PM »
Dirty Brass
Nice looking pistols . Thanks for sharing , I love looking at pictures . I decided to get my Pietta to shoot to POA . So I ran my pistol over to a gun smith and he fixed it right up . And I have 10 shots on this target .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2015, 04:50:29 PM »
Howdy
I used to think the Pietta was a second class pistol compared to a Uberti . Not now , this pistol is a first class pistol .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2015, 11:50:30 AM »
Howdy
A few of my favorite things .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2015, 07:51:45 PM »
Howdy
Got a chance to shoot a few rounds .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2015, 05:13:30 PM »
Howdy
Got to go shooting over the weekend . I can't think of a better way to spend your fourth of July , than out shooting . I shot Black Hills ammo that printed nice small groups at 15 yards . I loaded ammo with Unique and Trail Boss and they both performed well . I use Starline brass and have had no problems with my reloads . Now for my Vintage Hunting load I have had Great success with Triple 7 . In the future I would like to work with Ole Ensyford from Goex I have heard good things about it .   

Offline Daniel Dodge

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2015, 06:51:50 PM »
I just ordered a consecutive numbered pair of these from Cimarron.  ;D

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2015, 04:44:20 PM »
Daniel
Congratulations on your order . I hope you enjoy yours , as much as I have enjoyed mine .

Offline Daniel Dodge

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2015, 08:58:36 AM »
I got them last night. I have the same model in 7 1/2" already as my main sass guns, so my expectations were high as those guns were great out of the box. The 4 3/4" guns are even slicker straight out of the box.

Attached is a pic of them. For some unknown reason one had a flush cylinder pin screw and the other had a thumb screw type. One is marked on the barrel Frontier 44wcf and the other is marked Single Action 44/40. I would have preferred them both to say Frontier 44wcf like my long barrels, but it's not a deal breaker. Since they are consecutive, I must have hit right between a model change? How was yours marked Rowdy?

DD

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2015, 05:13:30 PM »
Daniel
My pistol is marked Frontier 44 wcf . I don't know WHY they would change that ???   

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2015, 04:37:39 PM »
Daniel,
Go back thru the box your gun with the "thumb Screw" came in.  There should be a proper flush screw stuck in the steyro some where.

Then, pull the cylinder pins and cut off the last 3/32 of an inch and dress the end.  Then get some new Main Springs.  I like "Lee's Gunsmithing Gunfighter" springs (Brownells).  The Lee's kit includes a wire T/B spring.  Skip that.  The Pietta T/B spring is superior.

While I was a practicing artisan of the Gunsmithing Trade, I tried to make a point.  The guns currently being Made by Pietta are the best
value for dollar in the CAS world.  In no way second class.  Have fun with em.  Oh, I've retired.  Permanently unemployed  ;D

Coffinmaker

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2015, 10:10:21 AM »
Howdy
I contacted Cimarron about the flush fitting screw because my pistol only had the UGLY big one . They sent it out , and I had it in a couple days .  I am really pleased with my pistol it has made an excellent addition to my Vintage Hunting gear .

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2015, 07:32:44 PM »
Next suggestion/recommendation to those who have Black Powder frames with the little front facing, flush fitting, neat little screw.
Dress the end of the screw so it just clears the cylinder base pin.  If the screw end actually contacts the base pin, the screw will never
be quite "tight" wand will be constantly backing out.  If it falls out, into the weeds, or the gravel, or in the creek, well, you get the idea.
The cylinder base pin should turn as should the cylinder bushing (if your gun has the removable bushing).  I also recommend a drop
(a small drop) of either purple or blue LocTite on the screw threads.  Torque will not solve the problem of gun screws that shoot lose.
LocTite will.

Coffinmaker

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
OOPS!! 
I forgot.  When an SA is broken down for a thorough cleaning, or if the screws just start shooting lose, LocTite.  Just torquing down of the screws will just burr the screw heads and strip out the threads.
The other BIGGEST PROBLEM screw, retains the the ejector rod assembly to the barrel.  Once this little gem starts shooting loose, you cannot apply enough torque to keep it in the gun.  You will either strip the threads off the screw (bad joss)  :o or strip the threads OUT of the barrel.  >:( (Worse than just bad joss).  Don't fight that little screw.  Put a drop of either purple or blue LocTite on it.

Coffinmaker

PS:  Or, watch your ejector assembly follow the bullet down range  ;D

Offline Lefty Dude

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2015, 09:36:12 PM »
I know, the knurled head base pin screw is not correct for the BP frames. And the flush head is. However I use the knurled screw.
Now here is why; I can retain that screw from self removal and possible lose. I use a small rubber washer under the knurled head. I get the rubber washer at the local Ace hardware in the plumbing dept. when the knurled head is screwed down, a slight pressure is re-applied to the screw. And the screw is held in by the spring tension of the rubber washer.
No Loctite is necessary.
Works for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com