Author Topic: Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up  (Read 183751 times)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up
« Reply #320 on: January 19, 2015, 07:47:28 PM »
Don't get me started on health insurance.  >:(

Slim
I'm gonna get started on them tomorrow, was off work anyway to get the mail car aligned, and now seems I need to get me "aligned" too. So it's telephone time first thing in the morning. Probably won't be fit company by 9AM...... I figure if SOMEONE"S getting the withholding from my paycheck for healthcare ins, then SOMEONE needs to pay for me some healthcare. Don't really care if it's the old company, or the new one.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2015, 09:48:20 PM »
We had some beef soft tacos for supper tonight. They turned out good, I used some flour tortillas with onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. I had some cold beer to wash them down. Life is good.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2015, 10:22:12 PM »
"SHE" did some Caribbean Jerked Chicken breast & French fried onions  recipe'  , Not Bad at all  :)
Mashed potatoes for her , did Oven baked Sweet Potatoes fries for me....

As TLD say's Life is good  ;)

"SHE" accepted a position with the Florida State Fresh Water Fish & Game Service , all the Back ground stuff & etc.  has completed
and tomorrow "SHE'' starts the new position....
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #323 on: Today at 02:55:52 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: January 20, 2015, 02:11:23 AM »
M2, I am excited about your wife's new job. I am wide awake at 0200. I banked the fire and heated some water for tea, I normally don't drink hot tea, but I thought it might help me go back to sleep.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: January 20, 2015, 05:00:31 AM »
What Slim said.

Mornin'.

'Bout forty now. Bein' told sun 'n mid fifties later.

Congrats to the wife, M2.

Got pork tenderloin w/ 'taters 'n carrots goin' in the l'il red one. Last of the collards in the round black one 'n maybe some bread in the big black one.

Kinda got conflicted it the Kroger place Sunday. Had four quart programmable pots on sale for $19.99. Was lookin' on the boxes for a black one then got ta wonderin' where I'd put it. Left it there. Could put the pork in it 'n come in from huntin' anytime. Oh well.

Hope ya get stuff straight quick, PE.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: January 20, 2015, 05:09:06 AM »
Thanks for the coffee ;)

30 and dark here. Couple inches of the evil white stuff expected over night tonight ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: January 20, 2015, 05:23:39 AM »
Thanks , fella's ..." SHE"s pretty excited her own-self.

One kinda neat thing is her commute, We live out in the sticks south of town , everything is to the North & West ... business wise.

She will drive about 15 miles South down to 3 Lakes Management area , where the State has the Biology lab... no traffic ,
Just a straight rural run down US 441 to her office 20.

I see a big Coffee in my future commute this morning, on sale $1.00 any size , doesn't take a  degree to guess I'll get the big 'n' thank you very much...that,  and gas is well under $2.00 , I'll tank up in both accounts  :)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: January 20, 2015, 06:49:22 AM »

Was lookin' on the boxes for a black one then got ta wonderin' where I'd put it.

I ask my wife the same question every time she starts looking at some kind of kitchen gadget in the store. She always seems to find a place, though.

Oh, well, as long as the place she finds isn't in my gun safe.......

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #328 on: January 20, 2015, 06:55:38 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Congrats on your wife's new job. M2.

'Tis 20 and dark. Got 1" of white overnight. High of 30.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: January 20, 2015, 07:11:56 AM »
Sam's had the three small pots in one heatin' element thing for forty last time I was there. Wanted it but it didn't follow me home. Where the roaster come from, it did follow me home 'n now it's sittin' up here in 'Hey! Loft' with me. Big ten quart cook top pot found it Goodwill for four bucks is in the vehicles' room with the tiny red one. Round black one lives in the laundry room. L'il red one stays out in the breakfast nook. Big black one's in the dinin' room. Really tiny red one's under the sink – I think. Dunno where she hid her blue round one.

Think Andi borrowed the blender. Ain't gotta food processor. Guess that's a good thing.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #330 on: January 20, 2015, 07:55:16 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning.i found some leftovers in the freezer and we had them for supper. Moose is gonna make potato soup tonight for supper. I'll have oatmeal and toast for breakfast this morning.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #331 on: January 20, 2015, 08:59:34 AM »
Amazing. I was all geared up for battle with insurance companies and maybe HR, and they tell me "card's in the mail, should be there this week" and I got the id#s just in case I need it before it gets here.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #332 on: January 20, 2015, 11:07:52 AM »
I had a late breakfast of oatmeal and a bagel. Soup and a sandwich for a late lunch.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: January 20, 2015, 11:41:07 AM »
See hanoi jane's is back in the news, claims "she made  "huge, huge mistake." sitting on the anti Aircraft gun back in 72

say's she'll go to her grave regretting it ...

Forgive & forget... NOPE ! never,  she's certainly welcome to go to her grave though , and what I'll do on it won't pass for roses ..

Lower case intended...

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: January 20, 2015, 01:15:49 PM »
She has realized what an impact that trip made on the Vietnam Vets. It is too late for the apology.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: January 20, 2015, 02:20:35 PM »
Just go away, permanently. Treasonous gái giang hồ.

Different day so far.

Thought I'd best top off the station wagon on the chance I'll have ta go to court tomorrow. On the way, someone's chihuahua is playin' in the middle of S. Plaza Trail. Shoulda done the merciful thing 'n squished it but I didn't. Gas was at a $1.879.

Weren't many people out. Fat lady picked up somethin' at the dollar store t'other day I wanted a couple more of. Ended up spendin' $17.00 'n they didn't have the grits I'm outta.

Need foldin' money so I won't get stuck in the city parkin' lot what won't take my plastic. Branch it the mall's nearest 'n I gotta hit the house ta put somethin' in the ice box before I go to the off site. So I'm goin' there.

Gonna get in the parkin' lot the back way. Green arrow comes on ta turn in. Air head first in line's gonna make a u-turn. Ain't gonna make it, nails the brakes 'n puts it in reverse. Air head behind her's gonna do the same thing but now she's layin' on the horn. Meanwhile, I'm stuck behind both 'em. Chicky babe gets back where she can clear 'n she goes.

By now the green for traffic both ways comes on. Air head #2 can't make it either 'n she backs inta traffic – more horns. By some grace unknown to me I make it across on that light cycle.

Get in the parkin' lot. Get stuck by some old witch stoppin' in the lane yer supposed ta go in lookin' for a parkin' spot. Get around her, go thru the ATM. Now I got my cash.

Sittin' it the lot waitin' for the light ta change so I can get out on the road leadin' ta the house but no. Ambulance comin'. While I'm waitin' for green a second time, another ambulance comes by from the direction the other'n was goin'.

Make it back, put stuff away 'n head to the off site 'cross the road from the huntin' grounds. Just a quick ride by there. Run inta one the serious photographers, had ta stop for a minute. No birds. Rats.

Get to the off site. Got out the station wagon 'n suffered a violent, sudden sneeze. Open the station wagon back up – remembered I need paper towels. Had 'nuff to take care of the aftermath of the sneeze.

Pick up my stuff go to the register, put it down 'n stand there. I'm behind a young woman, almost as tall as me. Not unattractive but painfully thin. With 'er is an older one just like 'er but with bleached blond hair age ain't been too kind too. Takin' that ta be the grand momma. Their groceries are goin' in a coaster wagon. L'il girl with 'em I guess between two 'n three 'n she's loose. Walks up ta me, throws 'er arms out 'n yells, 'Daddy!'

Back home. Think it best for me ta sit right here 'til it's time for the evenin' repast.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: January 20, 2015, 02:23:33 PM »
From what I have seen of "her" apologies... they have been so left handed as to make them non existent to the men in service during the time period.
No! "she" is not sorry for what she did!!! "she" is sorry that "she" got caught at it and is now having to pay for it.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: January 20, 2015, 02:56:52 PM »
Still no clue for supper tonight, maybe a pot of pinto beans and japaleno cornbread. They need to simmer for awhile. I have a red onion, some chili powder, and some chow chow.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: January 20, 2015, 04:37:35 PM »
That's what I had, TLD. Had the leftover scrap end of the Christmas ham on the freezer, made up a pot of half pinto/half great northern beans, half an onion, clove of garlic, and that ham, cooked all afternoon. While I was off to the chiropractor to get "aligned", she made a pan of cornbread(no jalapenos, though). Early supper just after I got back. She said she was trying to take a nap, but the beans on the stove wouldn't let her sleep...... Kind of like what happens when the crock pot has a roast in it.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2015, 04:49:16 PM »
Beans are always good, I had some leftover Christmas ham to flavor the beans. I went to the store and bought some smoked sausage and potato salad to go with the beans.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com