Author Topic: The April Coffee 'n Tea Thing - No Foolin'  (Read 102628 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The April Coffee 'n Tea Thing - No Foolin'
« on: April 01, 2014, 05:38:09 AM »
Mornin'.

Dependin’ on where ya look, it’s 40° er thereabouts ‘n headed ta 60° er thereabouts. Suits me.

Appreciate the information, Buck. Mebbe me ‘n Tex can meet somewhere in the middle ‘n get a group rate.

Startin’ a pot of CNS shortly then gots places ta go ‘n money ta spend.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Re: The April Coffee 'n Tea Thing - No Foolin'
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 05:45:42 AM »
You're welcome, Arcey ;)

48 and clouds here, supposed to get sunny later and into the 60's. We're going to pull a pump at the sewage plant today. Not sure how long that's going to be ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 06:00:19 AM »
That sounds like a good idea, Arcey. Maybe we could get a "Police Discount" on the eye surgery. That first cup of Cawffee did not last long, I am ready for my second cup. Spring is here in the D/FW area. I just fed Victoria her breakfast this morning, she likes to lie down and eat.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:47:49 AM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 07:54:49 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 27 and overcast. "Windy. Much colder. Mostly cloudy. A chance of freezing drizzle in the morning. Highs in the upper 30s. West wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 08:47:38 AM »
Mornin Y'all, Sunny and up to mid 60's here,Have a good one!
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 08:54:20 AM »
I am on my third cup of Cawffee and I am almost awake.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 10:32:07 AM »
Doc said the cataracts are gettin’ more obvious quicker’n he thought they would when he looked ‘em o’er last year. Sayin’ we’ll prolly have ta have a serious talk ‘bout gettin’ rid of ‘em next year. Tells me it’s painless ‘n takes less than twenty minutes.

Two weeks ago I went to Doc, and I learned my eye's are really bad. I am nearly blinded with cataracts in the left eye and have scar tissue froma eye injury and cataracts in the right eye. I got pretty depressed about it. I am not that frikken old. Or am I? I am awaiting VA now to approve the surgeroy and then will be having the it done. I am pissed they won't do both at once that it has t be done twice. I will then be able to be corrected to 20/30 in the left. Heck maybe I wil be able to see what I am shooting at. Arcey good luck with yours.

Thanks for the coffee
happy April Fools day
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 10:50:51 AM »
Good morning all. 

Well, even old mommy nature knows it's April Fools day.  She is throwing evil white stuff at me. >:( 

I have to say, I'm rather POed with my 1911.  Took it down last night to see if I can find the problem....I did.   The full length guide-rod equivalent god turned sideways... locking itself in the slide, and pushing the barrel forward.  I finally got it out, and found that it had been dented by the slide, and also that the slide itself had had the rails dented.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(   (Can ya' tell I'm angry?  )   

Now I'm tryin' to decide if I want to take it in and have it fixed, or just trade it for a good 357 revolver.  Any suggestions?

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 11:17:43 AM »
Good morning all. 

Well, even old mommy nature knows it's April Fools day.  She is throwing evil white stuff at me. >:( 

I have to say, I'm rather POed with my 1911.  Took it down last night to see if I can find the problem....I did.   The full length guide-rod equivalent god turned sideways... locking itself in the slide, and pushing the barrel forward.  I finally got it out, and found that it had been dented by the slide, and also that the slide itself had had the rails dented.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(   (Can ya' tell I'm angry?  )   

Now I'm tryin' to decide if I want to take it in and have it fixed, or just trade it for a good 357 revolver.  Any suggestions?

--TK

I'll give you 100 bucks for that ole thing
Mathew 5.9

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 11:22:18 AM »
T K,

It should still be under Warranty.
I would suggest having it sent back and repaired/replaced on the Manufactures dime.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 11:51:31 AM »
Well on my eighty twelfth cup of coffee, been up a while working, almost through the legumes part of veggies materials.  Last part of  the veggie matter is on the second draft, ready to take the vegetable files including grains and merge them into one large section in the supple/groceries part.  Not going to do it right now, going to let it age in separate files for a while and going to move to fowl things, got the pig and cow part done.   Should be done with the supplies/reference part by June and then can start adding recipes and work on filling out the pictures part, need to take a day and go through the pictures files and see what I need to get this summer for pictures. 

No eye problems here except I'm blind with out glasses and it corrects better than 20-20 with, got ann old spare pair in the glove box, can't see the gas gauge with out them and anything beyond gets worse, could run out of gas and have no idea where the heck I am.    ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 03:05:03 PM »
Howdy,

Busy day, farrier and shopping. No April Fools Day pranks here.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 03:17:27 PM »
TK, I'd let the factory repair it under the warranty. If it works okay after, fine, if not, then peddle it.

it's 71!!!!!!, and sunny here, finally :o

Roo, my vision without specs is close to 20-20 for distance. Only problem I have now is astigmatism, and the glasses correct that for distance. IMHO, it's better to do one at a time. Get mostly healed up first then do the other. You have lifting restrictions for a few weeks after surgery, in addition to the drops and night time grease. I haven't tried checking sights on the revolvers since the surgeries, not sure if I will need correction to see'em clear. Only problem out of the surgeries was a dark floater in the left eye. Got used to it after a while, no floaters in the right eye.

We got the pump out of the system this morning,ewwwwwww! Luckily for the owners it was just clogged/jammed. We got it cleaned out and re-installed. It's running down there now. There's two of them and the top kick was afraid the extra strain might cause the other to go down, which would've been a big problem. I'm on solo duty tomorrow for the day ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
The Czar of the Trailer Court.   ::) ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 03:37:29 PM »
Send it back ‘n make the factory fix it then sell it to Roo for what he offered ya ‘fore he changes his mind.

Still don’t need glasses to drive. The gas gauge in the station wagon is kinda big, I can see that without ‘em. Speedometer’s different. I know where the needle is ‘n I know where 60 is but I can’t read the numbers. HVAC, clock ‘n temperature thing is LCD. Need ‘em for that. Ain’t enough contrast. That’s one thing I wish Toyota had stuck up their…….. noses. It’s hard to see, period. N’er wore any ‘til my forties then went for a long time with the l’il reader things. Went from bowlin’ pins to CAS in the mid nineties with whatever sunglasses I had at the time ‘n back then I could shoot a lick. I can shoot a rifle without ‘em, pistol’s a waste of time. Reckon I been fortunate.

Got the errands done. Oil’s changed. The fella climbed (walked) up under it ‘n put ‘nuff air in the spare ta shut the low-pressure light out. Gassed it, gonna need a third mortgage if I let it get that low again. New windshield wipers. Kitchen duty’s done. Cubed out a cantaloupe she had a fit halfin’. Too early for them things.

Run the DVRed copy of Top Shot. Them two wimmen ain’t tokens. They can shoot right smart. Did see Gabby shoot an ’11 patterned thing. Twisted outta her support hand. I guess as some would say, she ain’t used ta ‘real’ ammo.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »
I did the Lasik Eye surgery thingy about 10 years ago.

I had been near-sighted all of my adult life. Gone to by-focal and was getting ready to go try-focal lenses in my eye glasses.
The Doc fixed me up fine. But changed my vision from near to being far-sighted.
I have no regrets!
Although doing fine work with reading glasses is very much different for me.

Persons with potential Cataract issues may not be an option for Lasik surgery. However, Cataract surgery may help, most folks, a great deal. Again, I would recommend getting it checked out.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 04:25:56 PM »
Gotta go with Rita to the store when she gets off, she needs more dgugs, guess I do too, ain't enough coffee here to tackle the basement tomorrow.   ;D

Got the legumes part done, Leo helped me and I got it backed up on some cloud somewhere, got a copy in the pewter, on the card in my phone and one of them thump thingys.  Just paranoid, too many years and such into this, if I lost it I would be a bit up-set.

She won't be home for a bit, going to do some file merging.   ::) 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 05:09:01 PM »
Got 76 pages at a #11 size print of reference on edible vegetation.  May be a bit more or less after tweaking it, foliage, fruiting bodies, seeds, stems, roots and even flower buds.  ::)  Will decide on the exact size and shape of the font later will be easy to change.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
The weather is springtime here, maybe the cold weather is over for another year. No clue for supper tonight, Moose has been testing at her schools all day. I am thinking about taking her out for supper tonight.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 08:06:29 PM »
We had enchiladas about went through they whole brisket, enough for one more meal.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com