Author Topic: Magic Springs??  (Read 3945 times)

Offline TheOtherLeft

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Magic Springs??
« on: March 02, 2014, 11:48:46 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Magic Springs?

http://magicspringsbyseven.net/seven/p1.html

They are a replacement mainspring, ala Wolffe spring but with a  nylon spacer to increase tension and are caliber specific.

Offline Doc Fillem

• Doc Fillem, The Deadly Dentist
  • Citizen
  • Doc Fillem, The Deadly Dentist
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Magic Springs??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »
Magic Springs are great, I have them in most of my Vaqueros, a Bond derringer and most of my Marlin rifles. You can't go wrong with them.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:42:20 PM »
No better or worse that a regular coil spring.  The only problem I have had with them is that they are painted and some Ruger struts are a little larger than others.  When I put the Magic springs on they drug on the strut to the point they were unusable.  Had to round off the corners on the strut and sand the paint out of the center of the springs and then they worked OK.  All of my guns are tuned for competition and I actually found the spring pressure on the Magic to be to high for a highly tuned gun.  Lately I just order the lightest spring Wolff offers (the Vaquero and New Vaquero springs are different) and grind them to the specs I need.  Depending on the state of tune of your guns you might want to look on Slick McClade's website.  He now offers 13 pound New Vaquero springs for tuned guns with transfer bars and 12 pounders for guns with the transfer bars removed.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:15:52 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com