Author Topic: .30-30 W.C.F. Super Speed  (Read 2395 times)

Offline w44wcf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
.30-30 W.C.F. Super Speed
« on: September 11, 2013, 07:15:10 AM »
This is the fastest .30-30 W.C.F. cartridge (excluding the Remington Accelerator) and the other end of .30-30 performance as compared to Dusty's excellent topic ".30 W.C.F. practice loads".

Beginning in the mid 1920's Winchester introduced their Super Speed line of cartridges which used lighter bullets at higher velocities. Among them was the .30 W.C.F. Super Speed.  Rem-Umc also produced the same cartridge.

It featured a 110 gr. hollow point bullet at 2,720 f.p.s. They were produced until the mid 1940's or so when they were obsoleted.
Thankfully, today, they can be replicated by handloading and I have found them to be very accurate as well. 

The Sierra 110 h.p. follows the profile of the original bullet fairly closely.

Accuracy out to 300 meters has been quite good  ;D and one of these days if I go woodchuck hunting again......

w44wcf

aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka John Kort
aka w30wcf (smokeless)
NRA Life Member
.22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F., .45 Colt Cartridge Historian

Offline dangerranger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: .30-30 W.C.F. Super Speed
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 11:39:38 AM »
Ive used that load for years as a coyote getter! Its very accurate. And mild on the shoulder. I hold shots to 200 yds or under but out of a scoped gun 300 is certainly doable. Ive also used 110 grain FMJs intended for a 30 carbine as rabbit bullets. I used to have a tool to load my own accelerators but the accuracy wasn't there. But both of these bullets are proven game getters. DR
Life is a rush into the unknown, You can duck down real low and hope nothing hits you, Or stand up tall, show it your teeth,and say "Dish it up Baby and dont get stingy with the Peppers!!!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com