Author Topic: Uberti Schofield/ general; assumptions and ?'s  (Read 2604 times)

Offline matt45

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Uberti Schofield/ general; assumptions and ?'s
« on: September 07, 2013, 11:35:17 AM »
Hello the camp,
     Been reading the threads from front to back, and if I am reading right here are a few things I have picked up:
- the modern replica's like smokeless better, red dot seems to be a good powder (shooting 45 S&W)
- Always carry 5, one on the empty
- some controversy re: pulling out the hammer block; I'm going w/ St. Georges advice for now.
I've already put some Buffalo bros. grips on her, she shoots 3" high, but I haven't tinkered enough with her to give a good range report.
     And the question (just one for now).  Is Roy Jink's book still the accepted source.  Any recommendations on books would be highly appreciated, and not just for technical.  General info on the actual use would be appreciated.  Thanks, everyone.
                                                                                                                 Matt45

Offline Silver_Rings

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gunfighter who shoots for fun.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Uberti Schofield/ general; assumptions and ?'s
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »
Howdy Matt45,

Powder wise, there are a bunch work fine, I mostly use Titegroup, but Bullseye, Clays, PD and others work fine.  As for it shooting high, I have found a 200 grn. bullet will shoot lower than a 250 grn.  Also loading the rounds to higher velocity will result in the gn shooting lower.  Just some things to try.

As far as loading 5 or 6 rds.  If you have not removed the hammer block, loading 6 is fine.

Silver Rings   
Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

Offline matt45

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 12:07:55 PM »
     What is your load w/ bullseye?  Titegroup seems to be a favorite, and the specs look good on the Hogdon website, but I don't have any right now.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:30:58 PM »

Offline matt45

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »
 ;D
4.3 grs. of Bullseye w/ CCI 300 primers- 1.4 inches @ 25 yards (Bench).  I'll chrony the load and report back

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com