Author Topic: Gun Show Display  (Read 6297 times)

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
Gun Show Display
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:26:10 AM »
So;  What would be the ingredients for a great gun show display promoting NCOWS?

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gun Show Display
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »
The video of Irish Dave explaining about NCOWS,  members in period dress, brochures about NCOWS, copies of The Shootist, and members of NCOWS to answer any questions that might be asked.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline G.W. Strong

• Grand Army of the Frontier, (Bvt.) Colonel, Commander of the Department of the Missouri
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • GAF, Department of the Missouri
    • Talbot's Fine Accessories
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:54:37 AM »
How about some guns? Excellent examples of gun leather might also attract attention.
George Washington "Hopalong" Strong
Grand Army of the Frontier #774, (Bvt.) Colonel commanding the Department of the Missouri.
SASS #91251
Good Guy's Posse & Bristol Plains Pistoleros
NCOWS #3477
Sweetwater Regulators

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:15:26 PM »

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 478
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 02:38:14 PM »
I have always wanted to see displayed vintage, period photographs alongside photos of NCOWS members dressed and accoutered exactly the same to show people what we mean by trying to accurately capture the look and feel.

Then place a selection of paraphernalia appropriate to an impression, whether pocket items, dining items, gambling items, store dry goods or hardware items, etc.
 I've seen enough guns, I wanna see all the other stuff that made up typical 19th cent. living.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 03:29:59 PM »
I have always wanted to see displayed vintage, period photographs alongside photos of NCOWS members dressed and accoutered exactly the same to show people what we mean by trying to accurately capture the look and feel.

Then place a selection of paraphernalia appropriate to an impression, whether pocket items, dining items, gambling items, store dry goods or hardware items, etc.
 I've seen enough guns, I wanna see all the other stuff that made up typical 19th cent. living.

RCJ

Now that is what I'm looking for.

We always do guns, dvd of the National Match and copies of The Shootist.

The only problem is; the show is this weekend.  I should have started this thread last week.

I always have guns, the dvd and magazines; supplemented with "paraphernalia appropriate to an impression."  I really like the photo idea.

I am considering:

using a bear skin rug for a table cloth.
using a barn wood box to elevate the dvd player.
displaying my Bill Proctor / Margret Lyles beaded rifle scabbard.
a fancy carved & engraved tomahawk.
a small display of some of the very diverse pistols that I have used in NCOWS matches.

None of us, is as smart (creative), as all of us.  Let's cook up a display that will WOW the spectators.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 04:13:24 PM »

RCJ

Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 367
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 09:58:29 AM »
Bowiemaker and I regularly dress in in our period clothes and wear our gun belts at our gun show tables while selling our knives and leather goods.

We have also gotten a table between ours when we were promoting the convention and played some video and had pictures displayed along with some firearms.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 10:12:57 AM »
A lot of great ideas, we have got a lot of creative people as members.  Keep up the good work.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 09:41:20 PM »
This was our set up at the TSRA gun show in 2011.

A few ideas:

Dont lay out too many guns.  We had quite a few on racks and the table.  3/4 of our table visitors were interested in buying our guns.

Make some "business cards".  Folks can slip them in a pocket.  Large hand outs wind up in the trash. 

Lots of folks stood around and watched OCB's excellent video from the 2009 Nationals.  That generated alot of interest. 
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 367
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 06:34:42 AM »
Good points Pancho. I've noticed just having a couple guns on the table still 1/2 of the folks are interested in buying guns rather than the display.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
We ended up using a Bear skin as a table cloth and a barn wood box to elevate the DVD player.  A couple of long guns and a variety of NCOWS legal pistols (including DAs) rounded out the display.  I took photos, but we have misplaced the camera. :(

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 12:20:39 PM »
I took the Map off the Web Site ( the one showing NCOWS Posse' States )

I blew it up to 24"X 36 " set it beside me on an stand

I had lot of snow birds , and some were interested " Hey they have one in KY or  some other State I heard a few times.

Seems they know or at least aware of the "OTHER Guys"  saying  " Yeah ! they do that back home "
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 06:56:55 AM »
I took photos, but we have misplaced the camera. :(

Books

I hate it when that happens...    ::)
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 06:46:45 PM »
Our local SASS club does something like what Pancho showed, only no gun rack. Usually just have a few guns and some leather gear displayed like a photo shoot, with a nicely printed up sign saying "Display only not for sale" I don't have any photos, but usually Fingers Mcgee will have a Henry or a '66 Win, shotgun and couple of pistols in real nice leather gear. Fliers TV playing shooting video at one side, usually with an extra table for club members for sale stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com