Author Topic: B-Western Forum  (Read 6631 times)

Offline Hambone Dave

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
B-Western Forum
« on: April 10, 2013, 09:47:43 AM »
This site has forums for every topic you can think of that encompasses the CAS/SASS world....along with some that simply don't.

Since B-Western is a recognized category in SASS, how come there is no forum?

The forum could be of great value to folks wishing to research and discuss the period correct clothing, leather, weapons, etc. There could be in depth debates on advantages of fringe, bolo ties...is it a good idea while galloping, shirt toggles or leather laced. Endless opportunities for healthy exchanges.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: B-Western Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 10:18:06 AM »
This site has forums for every topic you can think of that encompasses the CAS/SASS world....along with some that simply don't.

Since B-Western is a recognized category in SASS, how come there is no forum?

The forum could be of great value to folks wishing to research and discuss the period correct clothing, leather, weapons, etc. There could be in depth debates on advantages of fringe, bolo ties...is it a good idea while galloping, shirt toggles or leather laced. Endless opportunities for healthy exchanges.

Just my 2 cents.

Usually these things begin as a single thread "Lets Discuss B-Western" and if there is a lot of discussion, then it goes on to being a section.  Often though once it becomes a designated topic, it dies. 
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 10:45:22 AM »
You really don't wanna see those picture do ya :-\ :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:38:53 AM »

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 11:19:59 PM »
Hi,

One  of my favorite 'B Western' outfits from 'Rusler's Rapsody'':

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

1961MJS

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »

I love that movie.

"A glass of warm milk please. (everyone in bar stares) make it a sarsaparilla. (Bartender just stares) uh is this one of those really tough bars? (nods) Well then let me have a large glass of warm gin served with a human hair in it. "

Love that line.

Going authentic, but being Rex O'Herlihan does sound interesting, well except for the complete costume changes after every stage...
 :o

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »
1961MJS,

They showed it once on Encore TV when I saw it and then never again ... I dunno ... perhaps there are some who did not 'take it with a grain of salt' ...

I Remember the line ... it is just as I would have said it ... shortly before getting the ah*t pounded out of me ... all the while thinking 'Why can't I just let things be?' *S*

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

1961MJS

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 01:57:52 PM »
Hi

Years ago, I bought "Silverado".  Years after that I bought "Rustler's Rhapsody".  Now I own half of the John Wayne library, and about that from Clint Eastwood.  Rustler's Rhapsody is just hilarious.

Later

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 396
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 05:42:26 PM »
Youtube has clips of the best bits of Rustlers Rhapsody. As a parody it has all the B-Western cliche's, usually taken to unheard of levels.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com