Author Topic: Milk Creek Frock Coats and Overcoat  (Read 1130 times)

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Milk Creek Frock Coats and Overcoat
« on: January 29, 2013, 11:27:10 AM »
Just received the 2 Frock Coats and Overcoat from Milk Creek.  In a word OUTSTANDING!!.  Overcoat Kersey Blue lined with Canvas.  Stitching perfect, Collar and Cape set into coat flawlessley, no puckering or bunching.  Fabric a very nice Kersey like all I have seen similar to blanket fabric I find appropriate for an overcoat.  Cape of Infantry style down to the cuffs.

Also recieve the Sky Blue 1861 Pants, fit and finish excellent.  Come full lenth unhemmed.

Frock Coats one CW Union Jr officer other CW Union Fieldgrade.  Again workmanship very excellent.  Fabrick heavy twill like, you can see the lines on close inspection.  Similar to the wool in a River City Junction wool IW shirt only heavier.  I am guessing 19 oz fabric.  Very nice wool.  My plan is to use the Jr Officer Coat as my CW outfit and the Fieldgrade as a 1879 coat for wear with my 1881 Inf Helmet.  Both frock coats have the glove pockets set into the coat tails.  Cuffs are functional (can be unbuttoned).

Outstanding quality at a fraction of cost from other suttlers.

Did not want to bury this report in the thread about wool quality.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Milk Creek Frock Coats and Overcoat
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
I'd say you need to break them in at opening ceremonies at Winter Range.  I just hope the rest of us can manage to stay in the same tent with you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com