Author Topic: Uberti Schofield and BP  (Read 28741 times)

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: Uberti Schofield and BP
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 01:10:37 AM »
Flint, how did you make the relief cut?

Offline John William McCandles

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 06:59:18 AM »
Well I went an done it, bought myself a Uberti S&W Schofiled in .45 and 5" barrel. I shoot black powder cartridge in all my other CAS firearms and figured to give this one a go.
So Bushwhacker and myself setup some targets at normal ranges we shoot at our home clubs and went at it. Well 50 rounds later this Schofield was still going strong and might have gone another 50 rounds but the most I've ever normally shot in one day at a match was between 30 or 40 rounds from one revolver.
I prepped the Schofield as I had picked up discussing such with Mr. Strain at the NCOWS Convention this past March. Lube the base pin with bore butter, shoot what the revolver was originally designed for .45 Schofield in a Schofield and .44 Russian in a Russian and keep the loads with in reason. The more powder the more fowling.
The load was what I've been shooting in my Remington conversions FFg Goex in a Schofield case topped with a 170 gr big lube bullet.
So I'm happy with this Schofield, also in shooting the 50 rounds just at steel we only missed two shots. So I think this is a keeper.

Regards
JW
NCOWS #1792
SASS #963
STORM #59
Johnson County Rangers
The Old West Players
Alpine Outlaws (Inactive)
NRA Life
NAHC Life
U.S. Navy Submarine Service Retired

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 01:56:13 AM »
This has been great information gents!  Thanks!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:36:32 AM »

Offline Flint

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 06:46:14 PM »
Very late in answering a question, but the Remington relief cut was made on a mill, with the barrel removed.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Offline Doug.38PR

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2019, 12:49:13 AM »
I know this thread is a little old, but I do haveca few questions of my own as I am dealing with this same problem. 

1). Does anybody have any photos of what a modified Uberti Schofield looks like after the fact?  Does it look like an odd crude modification or does it look nice and more like the original M3 Schofield with a cut in for the extended gas ring?

2) is this something an average gunsmith can handle or does some special gunsmith halfway across the world need to do it?

3) anybody in Houston that can handle it?

4). How much would such a modification cost?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com