Poll

July 13-15 or 20-22

13-15
20-22

Author Topic: 2012 Department of the Missouri Muster  (Read 58878 times)

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: 2012 Department of the Missouri Muster
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2012, 11:21:42 AM »
I'm still out of commission.  So we never got the mulberry jelly made for the mess section.  Nor the mulberry wine for dessert.   8)
But if I can reach Delmonico, I will get him several pounds of our pork 'pepper-sage' sausage and eggs for fixing breakfast.

Have a fine muster, troopers!

Mustang Gregg
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
Thanks for the offer Greg but the Commissary is about to hit the road.  I need to pick up dry ice and drop the bank card off to my wife and I should be west bound a little after noon.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline G.W. Strong

• Grand Army of the Frontier, (Bvt.) Colonel, Commander of the Department of the Missouri
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • GAF, Department of the Missouri
    • Talbot's Fine Accessories
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2012, 03:20:29 PM »
I'm just waiting for the UPS driver to arrive. The car is packed and I am ready. Time cannot pass more slowly! Given the late start I plan to sleep in Council Bluffs tonight.
George Washington "Hopalong" Strong
Grand Army of the Frontier #774, (Bvt.) Colonel commanding the Department of the Missouri.
SASS #91251
Good Guy's Posse & Bristol Plains Pistoleros
NCOWS #3477
Sweetwater Regulators

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 03:17:02 AM »

Offline Cowtown Scout

• Top Active Citizen
  • TEXAS By GOD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2012, 10:27:44 PM »
Stopped just north of Oklahoma City this evening.  Did not get away from the University early like I wanted to.  Was still the last person out locking the doors and setting the alarm about 6:30 pm.  Then headed North on I 35.
GAF #510, STORM #98, GOFWG #126, SSS #211, SBSS #1713, CVV
Life Member: SASS, LSA, ORA, Whittington Center, LSFSC, Founders Club (Gold)
Benefactor Member: NRA and TSRA, Past President TSRA

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2012, 05:59:29 AM »
Underway, shift colors!
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Niederlander

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »
But are you "Haze Gray"?!
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2012, 10:02:15 PM »
Well it's in the books. I belive a good time was had by all... inspite of the heat. Cowtown Scout was the Department Champion. Will file a complete report following my tour of the Department of the Atlantic.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »
The Commisarry Dept arrived to it's home base about 6:30 after a minor snag on route. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2012, 07:30:36 AM »
The Commisarry Dept arrived to it's home base about 6:30 after a minor snag on route. 

Did you have some trouble with The General?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2012, 08:08:08 AM »

Well the thing is it wasn't really his fault and he got me through despite a minor mix-up.  I had a minor trouble with one of it's minor uniqueness's, my memory and the wind.  As was I was not left stranded by the road in 100 degree weather.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
What a great time!  It was hot, but we avoided the worst of it by taking a siesta/bull session from noon to 5.  Great Skirmish runs, you need to see how this is set up to really appreciate.  Fun to watch the shooters demeanor change, starting off run and gun, soon changing to an infantrymans walk, slightly crouched, head swiviling looking for targets. (no one tells them this, it just happens)

6 tents, one lean to, one large teepee for extra folks, a fly for shade, a shower, a stock tank (Someone has pictures).  Plenty food, plenty good!

Krags, Trapdoors, a Mosin, a Vetterli, a Rolling block, and a Martini-Henry all shot the main match.  O3's, a 1917, a Mosin, and one poor Canadian Ross made the Expansion run.  ( Halfway thru his problematic run, Rattlesnake Jack was muttering about finding an expired Tommy and stealing his SMLE . . .)  Cowtown Scout takes the Departmental Championship, and Stu Kettle has another shot up Maxim "Gun Shoot Thingy Trophy".

Cowtown Scout brought his Broomhandle for folks to try, Jack let my son shoot one of his Webleys. (he loved it, If only I could find one i could afford!)  

Hopefully we'll have pictures and video up soon.  Just a wonderful time!
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
I'm going to try, I've had connection problems all day.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Cowtown Scout

• Top Active Citizen
  • TEXAS By GOD
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2012, 10:38:48 PM »
After the Muster was over, Strong and I toured Fort Hartsuff before departing the area.  He then headed back to Illinois and I headed West.  Stayed last night in Cheyenne Wyoming and then toured museums there today and now have a much better understanding of the great history there in the 1800's.  Then late today headed South into Colorado and am now in Denver where I will be attending a business related conference.  Will head back to Texas this coming weekend and post photos after I get back.  Probably not until the following weekend.  

It sure was great to see some folks I had meet at the last two grand musters as well as meeting some new folks I had only read posts from here in the barracks.  Wonderful event even with the heat during the middle of the day.  Sure was glad it cooled off for sleeping in tents.  A lot of hard work went into putting on this event and it was most appreciated by all who attended.
Scout
GAF #510, STORM #98, GOFWG #126, SSS #211, SBSS #1713, CVV
Life Member: SASS, LSA, ORA, Whittington Center, LSFSC, Founders Club (Gold)
Benefactor Member: NRA and TSRA, Past President TSRA

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2012, 10:12:50 AM »
File any reports and pictures here:

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,44406.0.html

Colonel Pitspiter is absent, but with leave and will file his report soon.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2012, 10:52:25 AM »

For those who don't know it, "The General" as Salt Crick Rick has named it, or "The Rolling Death Trap" as River City John has named it, is the transportation of The Commissary Dept:

It has two tanks and a 300 cid in-line 6 and a 5 speed so fuel consumption is less than most pick-ups.

As we packed, Paul, Jerry and I drank the last gallon and a half or so of the remaining ice tea/gatorade mixture.  I did go before I left and went to Sargent and filled the side tank, fuel consumption at that time was about normal considering the many trips to town.  But that's were things started going wrong.  See the side tank has a fuel sender that doesn't work and a recent problem with the rear tank that has a working sender causes it not to run well, either a filter or more likely a slight kink in the line.  Recent heat kept me from getting it solved.  It will run, but not well. 

Ok, 20 gallons should run me into Lincoln, no problem, but I will stop on the way since I also bought two 16 oz Ginseng Green Teas with honey. 

And that's where it started, heading into heavy head winds and cross winds started it, I was tired and added cruise control which makes things worse.  (My driving style without cruise gets better mileage.)  I took Highway 92 because it has less traffic and added more hills.  Because of being a bit dehydrated at that point yep, I didn't need to stop, but no problem right?

Well I made a mistake, the side tank is only 15 gallons and the back tank is the 20 gallon one.  After passing Rising City it fluttered and died and i switched tanks and it took, Oh Poop, the gauge says empty!.  The next town is David City but it is off the highway about 3 miles and not a good chance for gas, I didn't have a debit card and not all those towns have ones with card readers either, so that was not the best option anyway.  The sign say Seward, 22 miles so I headed on, a co-worker lives in Seward and a call would have brought rescue if he was home. ::)

I turned on Highway 15 and headed south into a very nasty head wind with a pick-up that would only run at half throttle and a road with some hills, closer and closer the water tower came, till a ways into town a Git and Split appeared.  ;D

I had to be running on nearly on fumes because it fluttered and retook  just as i made the top of the last hill, but I made it to the pump.  The rest of the trip was un-eventful. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »
YOU DO like to keep things interesting, don t you.   Just push it right to the edge and hang onto the suspense.  Just think how boring the trip would have been without any concerns, you might have dozed off from the monotony.  Glad to here you made it to home base save.  

I too made my destination-so far-.  I am   at the North east Nebraska Arens base camp.  Mother is taking a new Husband this evening and I will start my trec back to the Southwest tomorrow.  
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com