Author Topic: Capt Larry Little, check in please.  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Capt Larry Little, check in please.
« on: May 23, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
I'm guessing that tornado missed you, but I'd like to know you are safe my friend.  From what I saw watching radar loops some of it looked real close to you.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Shamrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Capt Larry Little, check in please.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »
I got the following email from Larry Little in response to an email I sent him:

Pat,  Yes, we are all OK but our son and his family lost their house and belongings. Some have said that 25-30% of Joplin is destroyed. Was there all day today and they are probably right. My guess is that approximately 600+ homes were destroyed. There would have been less destruction if the area had been bombed. Thanks for being concerned. We solicit your prayers.
 God Bless and shoot safe.
Larry Little
----- Original Message -----
To: Larry Little
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 2:35 PM
Subject: Are you and yours OK?

Larry,
Just checking in to make sure you and your family are OK after the nasty weather in that part of the country.
Regards,
Pat

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:20:12 PM »
Thank you, I was worried about him, I knew he was in the area.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:03:57 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 03:19:36 PM »
I am glad that Gripmaker is okay.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 08:30:26 PM »
Good to hear Larry is OK, though sorry to hear about his son.

I grew up about 45 miles north of Joplin and we had our fair share of tornados but nothing, to my knowledge, was ever as bad as this latest one.

Ironically, I was flying back from LA and our plane was diverted south of Houston to avoid the storms. 

US Scout
Brig Gen, GAF

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »
It's been a bad year for them and I fear it ain't over yet, everyone in Tornado Alley keep an eye to the sky and keep track of the weather.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Capt. Montgomery Little

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 09:32:15 AM »
Checkin' in! I have to revise some of those statistics, though.  8,000 structures were either demolished or damaged enough to need demo. Don't know how many were homes but a path 1/2 mile wide and 6 miles long.  It passed about 4 miles south of our home and I listened to it for about 1/2 hr. from my front porch. Noisey little sucker for an F5. When it hit the Interstate it overturned and/or flung (good weatherman's word) 40+ trucks and cars around and off the road,  then traveled another 25+ miles east. Not heard reports of damage after it left the Joplin area. So far death toll is 132 with 232 still confirmed unaccounted for.
     Thankfully, the Lord wouldn't allow our last investment house to sell so we have a place our kids can live until thier new house is built. It is right across the highway from us so the "Little" guy doesn't have far to go for Grandma to baby-sit.
      Thank you all for the prayers and concern. It is greatly appreciated. Now to get ready to go to Raton, NM for a week of R&R starting next Sat.

Larry Little aka Gripmaker

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »
Checkin' in!

Thank you all for the prayers and concern. It is greatly appreciated. Now to get ready to go to Raton, NM for a week of R&R starting next Sat.

Larry Little aka Gripmaker

Heartily glad to see the GAF Chief of Chaplains is still with us and not in the Land of Oz. 

The news showed an aerial view of the swath cut by the storm - I was reminded of post-WWII shots of Hiroshima! 

If you are in need of anything, let us know.

US Scout
Brig Gen, GAF

Offline Capt. Montgomery Little

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 07:27:31 PM »
No need of anything but prayers for the kids.  US Scout, I have also seen pics of Hiroshima and it was alot cleaner that this thing. This thing went waaaay too slow through town. Looks like it just chewed things up and left them lay. Destroyed the son's house but left books on a bookshelf and the baby's bed was sitting right where it should be and intact (good thing he wasn't in it). The immensity of their situation has yet to hit them and it will be touchy when it does.

Thanks to you all for the concern and prayers. Keep them up.
Bvt LTC Montgomery Little, Senior Chaplain, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com