Author Topic: Slightly OT - WW i revolver video  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Bottom Dealin Mike

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Slightly OT - WW i revolver video
« on: May 14, 2011, 01:40:03 PM »
This isva little outside of the window for your Era of Expansion, but you might like this video on the revolvers of World War I
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMHCOhBl0wI[/youtube]

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: Slightly OT - WW i revolver video
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 06:15:19 PM »
For GAF, all three of these revolvers can be used in EoE, and both the Colt NS and Webley are main match eligible as well, paired with an apropriate rifle.   The .45 acp/AR are considered acceptable substitute rounds.  Half  moon clips are allowed in EoE, with .45 ARs needed to compete in the Victorian era main match classes.

excellent video.  Pair the Webley with an SMLE for EoE, or an MLE/MLM or even a Martini-Henri for the Main Match.  The NS Would work with most anything from the 1890s, as it was private purchased by officers  around the world.  The N Frame Smith dates from  1908, thus could not be used in the main match,  but a fine EoE sidearm.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Windy City Joe

• If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »
Very good video. I have the Colt model 1917 Army issue and the S&W model 1917 both in 45acp. I have been looking for a Webley in 38 or 45 for a while. Anyone has one for sale or trade.
Windy City Joe

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:39:50 PM »

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 405
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »
I have the Webley Mk VI, and a Brazilian model of 1937 which is the same as the 1917. I'd love to get a Colt NS, but the mounted Police marked one I spotted was sold already.

For Webley owners, getting an original altered for moon clips lowers their value considerably.  Best to look for one already altered. Its a lot cheaper!  When loading .45 ACP for the Webley, stay on the low side.  They are a break-open design and are almost a Century old by now.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?210666-Reloading-.45-acp-for-a-webley-mk-VI

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?205377-How-much-does-shaving-a-cylinder-take-away-in-value
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com