Author Topic: Tintypes of the Regulators  (Read 31620 times)

Offline Dead I

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tintypes of the Regulators
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 01:05:04 PM »
All your points are well taken, Mr. Burrows.  The Chisum relatives live on a huge ranch on the border of Oregon and Idaho.  They llive miles miles from town.  They are hard nosed, but pleasant cowboys and their wives.  They work cattle from horseback.  I'll attached some  pictures of them.  Sitting in their living room after a days work and discussing their history and the collection makes me uneasy. Yeah, I guess I could break out a piece of paper and ask them to say something, but they'd say "why?"  Here are some of them:   

Offline Dead I

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 01:09:16 PM »
Cowboys at work.  These men are either relatives of Sallie Chisum, or cowboys working for those relatives.  They bare no foolishness.

Offline Dead I

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 01:46:34 PM »
The family are blood relatives to Walter Pitzer Chisum.   Only Sallie's niece's son recalls seeing the pictures.  He is nearly 90.  They had been hidden away since the 1930's, which is how they were forgotten.  They had not been seen for about 80 years. 

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:20:58 AM »

Offline Dead I

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 04:30:33 PM »
Here is a picture of the little display case where I found most of the tintypes from Sallie Chisum's collection of pictures.  Do you see the little shelving unit along the far wall?  That's where found most of the pictures. Others were strung over the store in different little bins. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com