Author Topic: Josie Wales with RUGERS?? You betcha!!!  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Josie Wales with RUGERS?? You betcha!!!
« on: July 06, 2010, 07:44:02 AM »
Any RATS Pards tried the Josie Wales category yet?

We have a match at Louisville, NE this weekend.  I am gonna shoot the new (new to us) Josie Wales category with 4 Vaqueros.  In that category, you shoot regular SASS-type stages as written, BUT DO NOT USE A RIFLE.  For the rifle portions, you use revolvers.

So I will use my 5.5" Bisley Vaqueros for the revolver parts and Calamity JoAnne's 7.5" Vaqueros for the rifle parts.  I sure wish I still had a couple of 10.5" Super Blackhawks. ;D ;D ;D

This'll give me a chance to get in more Ruger six-gun shooting in a match!  ;D ;D

Mustang Gregg

PS  Hell, Old Josie wupped 'em WITHOUT RUGERS....So I oughta do okay.
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Kidd Krystin

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Josie Wales with RUGERS?? You betcha!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »
It is definitely a blast, Mustang!  Shot a Josie Wales match last year with the Jefferson State Regulators in Ashland, OR with my four 5-1/2" RNV's.  The guns were beautifully accurate.  Unfortunately my sight pictures weren't nearly so good so I had more than a few misses.

Another shoot the JSR had used a "Rifleman" (remember Chuch Connors?) category.  Two rifles and no pistols.  If you shot that category you shot at the rifle targets only.

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 10:23:05 PM »
We couldn't make it to the match.  I had to work on the ranch (flood gates washed out).  But they had a very good day with a lot of Pards showing up.
Well, I reckon we'll try for August.

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:33:32 AM »

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 06:28:23 AM »
Krystin, we have a lady shooter who normally shoots Rifle(wo)man and she gave the Josey Wales stage a go,,,,she rubbed our noses in it by using two rifles! :o

Not being narky here, but, I think she should have been forced to reload, I mean,,,who carries two rifles all over the place(Boo-hoo, sulk, sulk!!) :'(

Great fun,,,now I feel better! ;D

AE ;)
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Offline Ragged Earl

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
At my first shoot two weeks ago I was using my father in laws 4 5/8" OMVs. I got a P on a stage because I shot the rifle targets instead of the pistols......but I didn't miss any!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com