Author Topic: .44 special Flattop  (Read 4911 times)

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
.44 special Flattop
« on: June 26, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »
At EOT yesterday I handled a Ruger flattop Blackhawk in .44 special. Has anybody had a chance to get one of these? It sure seems like a sweet little thing. I didn't think to ask the rep if it was on the market yet.

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
Re: .44 special Flattop
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 12:19:02 PM »

I have a Ruger 44 mag/44 special Flat Top, and like it just fine, but then I don't have any Rugers that I don't like, here's my mine.

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 03:10:51 PM »
I wound up with 2 of them.  They are pretty nice.  You can get your local dealer to order them in.  Last year Ruger built a special run for Litsey's Hardware or Sporting Goods.  This year they are cataloged at Ruger.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:20:31 PM »

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:21:45 AM »
Someone remind me. Is the New Vaquero now available in .44 Spl or just the Blackhawk?

Offline Shadow SD

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 01:53:50 PM »
I purchased one in the 5.5" bbl in what I think is one of the nicest formats possible.  Built on Rugers .357 frame, this New Model BH .44 special Flat Top Bisley is a special run in 4.75" and 5.5" bbl ordered and distributed exclusively by Lipsey's.  There was also a special run of the same gun built with 7.5" bbl for the "Shootists", John Taffin, Boge Quinn, etc. with some exclusive upgrades that were built, but due to incorrect serial # stamping (they were supposed to be stamped with the prefix "SH" for Shootist) the first 92 guns of the 100 without the "SH", were sold to dealers, and bought up immediately.  Consequently, Lipsey's ordered 100 more exclusive Ruger Bisley .44 spcl. Flat Tops, again w/7.5" bbl, stamped correctly this time with the "SH" prefix, and sold exclusively to "official" Shootist members.  My 5.5" is at Jim Stroh's for a precision action and accuracy upgrade, including Taylor Throating. and  adding his beautifully contoured adjustable front sight and Bowen's adjustable rear Target sight.  Can't wait, should be a real winner!!
Shadow SD 

Offline AlaskaJack

• NCOWS Member
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
I have one of the blackhawk flattop 44 specials and really like it.  I tried some 240 gr semi Keith bullets with 7.0 gr of Unique and found it not enough.  There is blow back on the brass with only 7 grns.  Gonna try 7.25 and see.  There's always the Skeeter Skelton fall back of 7.5 grns of unique.  Regardless, it's pleasant to shoot.....even my wife agrees it's pleasant to shoot.
NRA Endowment Member
SASS

Offline Don Berry

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 10:34:57 PM »
I pick mine up tomorrow. 5.5 inch barrel.  This one is from Ruger. Still trying to get one from lipsey, it has been on order for a while. I guess I might get it ones of these days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com