Author Topic: Just a bit fed up about something...  (Read 13277 times)

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
Re: Just a bit fed up about something...
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 05:58:55 PM »
As much as I like my Rugers I have to admit they are not correct but then again we have people in NCOWS wearing hats shaped wrong, boots that are not correct, gunleather that is stitched with nylon thread on modern sewing machines, Cheyenne style holsters without toe plugs when the originals almost always had it, etc,etc,etc. I will always notice the gun leather because I do leathercraft but the point is we remember it's all for fun. Even the new clothes we buy are probably made from different materials and dyes used in the thread.

I was glad to see them make the new Vaquero, at least it's closer.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline MJN77

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 06:13:01 PM »
I agree 100%. I doubt anyone is completly "authentic". I don't think that matters. If you want to be as authentic as possible, fine. But if the guy or gal next to you doesn't, that's up to them. This is a game/sport. It's for people to have fun. There is just as much room for original 1873 Colt revolvers as there is for Ruger Vaqueros. That's my take on it anyway.

Offline Diamond Dan

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »
I read somewhere that the transfer bar was invented in 1880; buy Mossburg!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:12:22 PM »

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 10:15:30 PM »
There is room in CAS for the Blackhawks and Single Six also.  (even if NCOWS doesn't think so)
Historical correctness can go to far to the extent of exclusion and downright snobbery.
I applaud those the want and are able to achieve the high level of historical accuracy, and I think they should be rewarded for it, but separate from the shooting and not at the exclusion of the  new guy or the one on a limited budget. 
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline MJN77

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 08:28:28 AM »
There is room in this sport for everyone regardless of what they shoot. If a club/orginization (NCOWS) wants "period correct" guns and gear, that will limit what guns can be used. For those that don't care for "period correct" there is SASS. This sport isn't about "correctness" it's about the "spirit". NCOWS was created to run parallel with SASS for the more "authentic" minded people in the game, whereas SASS ranges from "period correct" to "silver screen" westerns to "spegetti" westerns to modern western "style". I think it is great that there are orginizations for both parties, history buffs AND people that aren't.

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »
There is room in this sport for everyone regardless of what they shoot. If a club/orginization (NCOWS) wants "period correct" guns and gear, that will limit what guns can be used. For those that don't care for "period correct" there is SASS. This sport isn't about "correctness" it's about the "spirit". I think it is great that there are orginizations for both parties, history buffs AND people that aren't.

I agree, That's why I'm a member of both, both organizations have a lot to offer. but this isn't just for the casual Saturday plinker, in order to enjoy this sport you really need to get into the spirit of the game, and having a love for the old west helps, no one is expected to have everything they need right away, it takes time to put it altogether, but it's worth it IMHO. to me putting it together has been the fun part.

tEN wOLVES  :D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline MJN77

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »
The hard part is deciding which guns to buy..........first! ;D This stuff is addicting.

Offline Kidd Krystin

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2010, 07:41:22 PM »
Heck, the hard part is knowing when to STOP buying guns!  ;D

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »
The hard part is deciding which guns to buy..........first! ;D This stuff is addicting.

That's the fun part, it's really the part I like, research and trying out different guns, doing my homework, just take your time and enjoy the hunt, there will always be that one more gun you just have to have, and why not, this is a fun game played with others of the same mind frame, so we've all been there done that, so to speak, I own several different style and brand firearms, love them all.

Welcome to CAS pard  ;) :D ;D

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline MJN77

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2010, 09:18:46 PM »
  That's the fun part, it's really the part I like, research and trying out different guns, doing my homework, just take your time and enjoy the hunt, there will always be that one more gun you just have to have, and why not, this is a fun game played with others of the same mind frame, so we've all been there done that, so to speak, I own several different style and brand firearms, love them all.

Welcome to CAS pard  ;) :D ;D

tEN wOLVES  :D
I agree. I have colt replicas, remington replicas, s&w replicas, conversions, winchester replicas.....and I still aint done.. ;D

Offline Diamond Dan

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 07:15:14 PM »
 I belive if yaall check into it ya might find the the transfer bar system was used in 1880 by mossburg and a many a civil war casualty fell to ,36 cal. balls Just my 2 cents worth

Offline Pappy Myles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 09:01:15 PM »
Well, the thing I like about them are they are probably the safest of them all.  Go ahead and grip about " not original"  I know when I pull the trigger it'll stay together, and if (heaven forbid) I ever drop one, it won't go off......
NRA Patron Member
NRA Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
TSRA Life Member
USMC Vet
Dirty RAT # 308
Life SASS # 59784 ROI and ROII

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com