Author Topic: .22 Postal Shoot  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
.22 Postal Shoot
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:26:04 AM »
Hello!
     I talked to Colonel Pitsptr the other day, and we decided it might be fun to do a .22 version of the Postal Match, just as an excuse to get people out shooting a little more.  First of all, I want to encourage everyone to participate in the Postal Shoot for Battle Rifles.  It's a lot of fun and great practice!  Besides, the fees go to buy more Blunt style targets for the department shoots.  I'll be running the .22 shoot, and we aren't charging anything for fees.  Of course, the prizes are the joy (or sorrow) in knowing how well your shooting stacks up to that of your fellow shooters.  Please limit the firearms to open sights (no peep sights or scopes).  The nearer your sights are to original military type sights, the better.  I personally use a BSA Model 12 single shot rifle with a Model 1873 Rifle sight and a barleycorn style front sight.  Send your targets to me at Dale Beethe, 105 S. 18th Street, Ord, NE  68862.  Once again, I encourage you to shoot the Postal Match for Battle Rifles, as it's great fun, and it's an excellent reason to get your battle rifles shooting on a regular basis.  This is just fun with a .22, and you can even shoot it at an indoor range that won't accept our battle rifles. 
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: .22 Postal Shoot
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 10:52:21 PM »
OK , I always need details.  what size target and at what distance, 4 position?  5 shots each? 
Any open sight .22 or only those of pre 1900 design?  Handguns? 
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 07:06:30 AM »
It's the same course as the Postal Match on the GAF site, just shot with .22's.  Same targets, same positions, same everything!  As far as the firearms, pre-1900 is good, but use whatever you have with open sights.  The nearer the sights are to old military sights, the better.  As far as handguns, any revolver with fixed sights will do.  The whole idea is to practice on the Blunt targets, and it's much less expensive than shooting any of the centerfire stuff we use.  It's more convenient, too, in that you don't have to reload anything.  A lot of the military forces from our time period used .22 training rifles to some extent.
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:55:27 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com