Sam Elliott's Bowie Knife Sheath

Started by kernel, March 04, 2010, 10:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowhand Bob

I thought the one he used in THE SACKETTS was more a large dagger, but then, perhaps that is what the visitor was toting???  I do remember him calling one of them an Arkansas Toothpick and being confused over the nomenclature.   Sam has made a couple of movies that were only fair, my opinion, but THE QUICK AND THE DEAD does not fall in there, I really liked it.  Then again, Kate always adds to the scenery of any movie she appears in!

I will try and get a couple of pictures of my big toad stickers to post here and believe it or not all of them need new sheaths.  Several of them came from Atlanta Cutlery and make real nice cowboy appearance accessories at a reasonable price, no edges on the blades though.  I do have a Hells Bells Bowie that was restocked with Elk Antler and is mighty awesome looking. 

Ned Buckshot

OHHHHHH YAAAAAA Slowhand!  Kate Capshaw :o :-[ :-[ :o ::)

Here's a picture of the biggest bowie I've ever made!
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Slowhand Bob on March 15, 2010, 07:38:18 AM
I thought the one he used in THE SACKETTS was more a large dagger, but then, perhaps that is what the visitor was toting???  I do remember him calling one of them an Arkansas Toothpick and being confused over the nomenclature. 

Yup, the fellow who tried to knife "Tell Sackett" (Sam Elliot) in the stable had an Arkansas Toothpick for sure.  Tell Sackett was carrying a big ol' bohunker of a bowie.

I know, 'cause this thread got me to thinkin'.  I re-watched both The Sacketts and The Quick and the Dead a couple of days ago.

cowboywc

Quote from: Ned Buckshot on March 15, 2010, 07:43:00 AM
OHHHHHH YAAAAAA Slowhand!  Kate Capshaw :o :-[ :-[ :o ::)

Here's a picture of the biggest bowie I've ever made!

Howdy Ned
That is a beauty. So's Kate......
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboywc

Since we are talking  about Big Bowies, Here is a pix of the biggest Bowie I've ever seen. It was at a knife show last year. It weighs 16lbs & was almost 1/2" thick at the backbone.  I told the guy if someone bought it to give them my card. I wanted to make the sheath. Never heard from anyone......
WC

Ned Buckshot

Hokey Smokey Bullwinkle! :o :o :o

I have to ask myself why? ???

But then I answer right away with because I can!?!? ::) ;D

I guess he made it for carving tooth picks from GIANT REDWOODS! ;)

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

cowboywc

Quote from: Ned Buckshot on March 15, 2010, 02:11:31 PM
Hokey Smokey Bullwinkle! :o :o :o

I have to ask myself why? ???

But then I answer right away with because I can!?!? ::) ;D

I guess he made it for carving tooth picks from GIANT REDWOODS! ;)

Ned
Howdy Ned
Ya, I asked him the same thing and he said Because I wanted to.
WC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com