Author Topic: Hearing protection  (Read 2412 times)

Offline jrdudas

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hearing protection
« on: May 09, 2005, 09:47:40 AM »
I am a long time shooter, but new to CAS.  When shooting at the rifle range or the trap range I use earmuff type of hearing protection.  That doesn't seem like it will work well for CAS because of my hat.  I am attending a New Shooter Orientation day this week and I am wondering what kind of hearing protection most folks use.  I have purchased some of the disposable plugs (soft foam type) and another type that is re-usable, but of course both types fit inside the ear.  I find that I do not like the feeling of having something inside my ear.  Any suggestions out there for alternatives.

Thanks,  John 

Offline Warthog Zeke

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hearing protection
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:40:38 AM »
I don't know what other option you'd be looking to use.  It's pretty much inside or around your ear to provide protection. 
The little yellow foamies are pretty darn good.  I'm so used to them that I even use them when I shoot High-power rifles, that way when the muff gaps, no ringing ears.

Online Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 11:58:02 AM »
I've been using Sonic II's, which are ear inserts with small baffels that cut out the impulse of the round fired.  They still let me hear the people around me, which is a good thing for hearing the timer start, and the commands of the RO.  Been using them for over 12 years, and the only lost I've noticed has been a loss of memory.  ::) ;D
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:44:00 PM »

Badlands Walker

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 08:26:23 PM »
Me personally, I don't use any protection at all because I feel the sound of the gun is part of fun.  I will probably regret it later on in years to come, but for now.... I love that big bang! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com