Author Topic: Lining Holsters?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Camp Cook

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lining Holsters?
« on: November 13, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »
Gents,

I would like to make a lined holster tonight for the Vaquero.  Never done it before, and not quite sure of the procedure.  I have some nice thick leather for the holster, and some deerskin for the lining.  Will the deer skin work?  Do you glue before folding?  What do you seal the edges with to keep them from separating?

Any help with this would be appreciated....
I suppose I better russle ya'll up some grub....

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lining Holsters?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 07:58:46 PM »
There are several methods to add lining to your leather.  My favorite lining is full grain cow/calf leather but others use any one of several leather products.  I personally think deer would be a bit fragile for the job but do know it has been used before.  I have used at least three good glues for this job, check with your local Tandy store for personal help and a good glue, properly applied, will keep the edges together.  There are several ways to apply the lining but I think most would agree that something like deerskin or even suede does not need to be rolled in.  I do most all of my glue work on liners flat but some prefer rolling the liner in for a smoother finish to the fold.  There are several good videos out that really show several methods of doing this along with a lot of other holster making ideas.  Just an added thought, you probably realise that the liner has to be sewn in after the glueing has dried?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com