Author Topic: Chaparral 1876 50-95 lever action  (Read 3451 times)

Offline concho

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Chaparral 1876 50-95 lever action
« on: November 09, 2009, 07:39:10 AM »
  I was in the process of buying one of these ! buy seller had a problem that made me see red flags flying ! My question is ?  please advise as to quality of Chaparral arms , accuracy , over all fitting & appearance of this rifle , mechanical functions everything Please ?   Thank you, concho

Offline Joe Lansing

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Chaparral 1876 50-95 lever action
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 08:51:36 PM »
    It can be hit or miss. The early Chappys had lots of problems of every nature. I have one I bought 2 years ago and I had mixed emotions when I received it (ser# W76 08XX). There were about a half dozen things I had to "improve" upon.The one thing I could not fix were "waves" a couple of places on the barrel flats. These were all north of the fore end and did not bother me because I had planned all along to make the barrel half octagon with a half magazine. The result of my effort is a rifle I'm very happy with.                                                   
    I  have been led to believe the more recent Chappys Have much better quality control. I would suggest that if you are so concerned, don't buy a rifle you can't return because of quality issues.

J.L.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com