Author Topic: Rat Bit  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Rat Bit
« on: September 19, 2009, 02:46:38 PM »
Well pals I have been Rat Bit Bad.... Two weeks or so ago I picked up a pair of RNV's in 357 . Do they ever like a diet of 2ff Goex! Now I was at a shoot on the week end and this shooter was waving around a Single Six , great shape , two cylinders , box and papers . Didn't have to wave it much in front of me !! ::)

Oh boy I have been Rat Bit and I may never recover. ;D ;D

Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Rat Bit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:02:59 PM »
Me too.   :o But it ain't a BAD thing, Dutchy!!!

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »
Been shootin the little Single Six....Sweet! Lots of fun.
Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:57:52 PM »

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 12:12:29 AM »
Been shootin the little Single Six....Sweet! Lots of fun.
Dutchy

Howdy Dutchy

I've been shooting a Ruger Single Six Convertible since 1966, I have of them, one with a 6 1/2" barrel and the other 5 1/2", they have both had thousands of rounds through them, and they're just as accurate know as they were new, maybe even better.
       You're going to fine yourself shooting this gun a lot, they're just a fun gun to shoot.here's mine.

Have fun

Regards

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 06:13:56 AM »
Hay tEN wOLVES

Nice pics. Mine is a 6 1/2" bbl. It is very accurate for an older gun, lot of fun to shoot and feels great in the hand . Not sorry I picked it up at all. I haven't tried the Mag cyl. loads yet.
But the LR's out to 50 yards were dead on . Now I mostly shoot steel cause the old peepers are not as sharp as the gun. Rigged it up in an old El Paso holster and a thick belt I used in my muzzle loader days and it looks da%% fine! ;D ;D

Dutchy

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 04:23:20 PM »
Like them .22 Rugers?  OH, YEA!!!

I recently got me a pair of K-Single Sixes with Bisley furniture & controls (Wes Flowers/West Fargo work). 
Why heck, I may even set up the trap in the shop tonight & get in some Gunfighter practice.   ;D

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 04:46:10 PM »

That's a good one MG, Gun Fighter practice LOL, Dutchy, I used to hunt rabbits with my 6 1/2" and I've taken game all the way out to 100 yd. and better, and not just a fluke shot either, I was able to do this on a reg. basis, I used Western Super X Hollow Point ammo, back then in the sixty's I found this ammo to be the most accurate in all my 22 cal. firearms. The Ruger Single Sixes are some of the best shooting revolvers around, mine will be passed down in my family, and I can't see them ever wearing out.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »
Go RATS  ;D

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 04:50:41 PM »
It is going to be the gun of choice for me to work on this winter.
I really like the way is falls into line .
Dutchy

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com