Author Topic: A Thread about anything, but mostly Grandkids Pictures  (Read 161977 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Thread about anything, but mostly Grandkids Pictures
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2009, 06:03:46 PM »
I musta missed that one.  I'm sorta partial to Lab dogs and I don't apologize for it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »
There was one he had a Midnight nosin under a Christmas tree when he was a pup.  Cute as a button.

Took a while to figger out why that tree sucked so much water.

Almost a year old:

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2009, 06:09:14 PM »
I musta missed that one.  I'm sorta partial to Lab dogs and I don't apologize for it.

Me too Tex, this one was in 93, front yard at the farm.  Yard is different now, a patch of tall grass praire where the swing set and sandbox were. 

He is resting about where the left legs on the swing set are in the picture. :'(
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 06:23:16 AM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2009, 06:38:16 PM »
Lookin over the pics I think Rowdy may be Midnight come back ta play.  Aint sayin I buy inta that stuff but the resemblance is uncanny. 
Great photos.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2009, 07:17:43 PM »
I can't find any of Rascal but if I could you'd swear they were from the same litter.

However Rowdy has a very different personalality than the other two who were about the same.  Not bad, but very different he is.  He's what the Lab folks call a Velcro dog.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2009, 07:28:46 PM »
Also Rowdy is a decent hunter, but not the Hell-no-four legs the other two were, but my nfault because I don't go out that much any more,

1995, he was great then. Oldest daughter took these.  Loved quial, did a lousy point but I knew what it meant:

One on the ground he's going to pick up, arrow points to one that is the target, 'nuther sneaking out:

Nuther covey, one just starting to fold, wad pointed out by the arrow, note slight puff of smoke from the barrel, fantastic load that one is, almost as dirty as black, worst smokeless load I ever seen, friend tried it in his 1100, bogged it up with less than a box. ;D

Sarah wanted to come along and take pictures, she went though a lot of film that day and these three were worth what it cost.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2009, 07:36:05 PM »
I guess Victoria is a little that way. She's happiest when the Moose and I are both with her. Those are great action shots. I don't hunt anymore either. I think Victoria would have made a good one. She's sort of a "tom boy".
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2009, 09:04:21 PM »
Angel is a good hunter.  It must be the Rodsesian in her, they was made ta go after lions.  She points, don't mind gunfire a bit an will fetch somethin up an drop it at yer feet without distroyin it on the way.  She's really growed up now fer those of you who remember her as a pup.  Smartest dog I ever owned. 

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Wireman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2009, 11:15:05 PM »
I love Dawgs.....

Did I say that out loud...

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2009, 05:25:59 AM »
The ones of us that have kids and grand kids are proud of them. The ones of without kids or grand kids talk about their pets I guess.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2009, 06:18:47 AM »
I love Dawgs.....

Did I say that out loud...

ya ole softeee

Mathew 5.9

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
As long as this is an open thread, thought I'd post of few pics of an unwanted visitor my neighbor got pics of up at my hunting camp. He set out a game camera to capture deer walking through the food plot - guess this visitor liked the spot too  ;D Looks like my '76 45/75 will be on the deck at all times - just in case!  ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2009, 09:08:28 AM »
I've always had dogs since I was a little kid. They've always been special to me. I seem to have a knack for bonding with strange dogs. I should have been a Vet I guess. I just never had the grades. I would have a Large Animal practice though.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2009, 10:44:55 AM »
This was a big hit on the Lab Forum about a year and a half ago:

They got messy:

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2009, 01:06:22 PM »
Labs are great dogs to have around small children. They just seem to know that the kids are learning about animals and know the kids wanna be their friends.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2009, 02:47:48 PM »
Spud is always tryin ta hand feed our dogs like in that pic.  Now whenever he's havin a snack they come runnin.  Both of em treat that little guy with the utmost respect and know better than ta play rough.  He's growing up knowing that dogs are great an I think that's good.  There's perty good odds that that's the first thing he's gonna want fer Christmas once he gets a bit older.

Roland Deschain

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »
The neighbor, whose wife just died, said that one night last week a bear busted off a 4x4 wooden post that his bird feeder was on.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2009, 03:46:28 PM »
One time when we were staying in a cabin in the outskirts of Jackson Hole. Moose got up during the night and got a book out of the car. The next morning, she was outside talking with the manager. The manager told her that a bear had been around that night and had gotten into the trash cans near our cabin. Moose didn't go out at night after that.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2009, 03:52:36 PM »
Here's a pic of the family at the Tustin parade today.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2009, 04:15:24 PM »
Slim, That's a grat picture of a fine lookin' family. Sackett seems to be takin' it all in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com