Author Topic: New Ruger .44 Special  (Read 10927 times)

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
New Ruger .44 Special
« on: June 29, 2009, 10:53:25 PM »
I did a search and saw nothing posted about this limited new offereing from Lipseys. I owned no Rugers until last Friday when I snagged one of these new .44 Specials w/ 4 5/8" barrel. What a sweet little "packin' pistol"!! Broke her in on Blazer Gold Dots and some reloads with a Leadhead 250 gr. Keith SWC over 7 gr. Unique. Great shooter!! Somebody at the factory must have screwed up because mine has a trigger pull of 4 lbs. with just a frog hair of creep!! Just the way I like it. They are only making 2,000 of these so keep your eyes open.  ;)

Offline Deadeye Dick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Deadeye & His Belle
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: New Ruger .44 Special
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 10:25:24 AM »
FCK,
Glad you've tiptoed into the dark side. Maybe some Ruger's aren't so bad after all.
 ;D

Deadeye
NRA LIFE, NCOWS #3270, BLACK POWDER WARTHOG, STORM #254,
  DIRTY RATS #411, HENRY #139, PM KEIZER LODGE #219  AF&AM

Offline Jake MacReedy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 07:31:41 PM »
The new Blackhawk .44 Special will be offered with a 4 5/8" or a 5 1/2" barrel.

Jake

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:32:26 PM »

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 02:20:57 PM »
Can't remember the last time I saw any factory .44 spl ammo.

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »

The last time I saw 44 special ammo on the shelves of any of the gun shops around here was over ten years or so ago, I was told there wasn't any demand for it, maybe Ruger will change things  ??? :-\ as far as that goes there hasn't been any 45 long colt in a year and a half.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »
Really?  I have usually had .44 Special ammo on my shelves for years.  Remington brand for jacketed & Black Hills brand for cast.
.44 S&W is not a hot seller, by any means.  And 99% is for the SASS shooters.

MG
www.wildwestarms.net
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 04:02:19 PM »
Really?  I have usually had .44 Special ammo on my shelves for years.  Remington brand for jacketed & Black Hills brand for cast.
.44 S&W is not a hot seller, by any means.  And 99% is for the SASS shooters.

MG
www.wildwestarms.net

Mustang, when the majority of all the great gun shops we used to have moved out of California years ago, after Clinton, and left us with just a couple few places to to buy guns and ammo, along with that left us with a limited variety guns and ammo, the last 45 long Colt I've seen in these stores was back 2007, before that I would drive 65 miles to get it from Walker 47, but even they have been out for at least 1 1/2 years, I load my own which is the only thing that has let me continue shooting, 44 around here doesn't seem to exist, but then maybe Obama will make that better.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 07:01:55 AM »
10 Wolves:

I had no idee it was that bad for you to find CAS ammo out there.
You betcha---B. Hussein Obama will fix it all.Heck of a time for us to build a new gun shop, huh?

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 04:01:57 PM »
Hey There Gents,
This here is the Yeti76620 and I have a knack on subject changing on threads--SORRY!  The Lt Col is making a really fine gun shop and it's looking like TEXAS is where we all ought to be and help out with the succession from the "Union".  Colorado is starting to get awfully strange too since "The Obama" assented to the White House.  God Help Us ALL!!
Yeti

My 2 coppers worth anyway.
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 08:48:27 PM »
Hey thanks for the heads up I didn't realize it was a Flat Top.  Nice guns but I was hoping it was a Vaquero.

Nueces Grandes - 'ol Pard,

This is my FAVORITE web-site  ::)  (dream site)  ::)  :ruger-firearms.com click firearms menu then revolvers then single action then blackhawk and the .44 special will come up and as you will see that they're a distrubuter special.  While you're there check out the new SASS Vaquero and those dad-gum PURRRDY stainless steel Bisley's!!!!!!  OH MY My my  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yeti

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 09:30:48 AM »
I looked that the Ruger site Yeti, that's why I came back here and saw the post about it being a Blackhawk and the distributor.  I couldn't figure out why a Vaquero in .44 spl wasn't shown on the Ruger site, even as a distributor special.  Fox Creek Kid forgot to mention it was a Blackhawk.  Not his fault , mine for jumping to conclusions.

Nueces Grandes
I'm a think-n (dangerous) that around here in the Colorado Territory that them Vaqueros are the coveted 44 mags in the old model that are being shot w/ 44 spcl for CAS due to smaller cases and smaller powder charges ensures a ka-boom with the ball type powders.
Yeti

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 05:32:49 PM »
This new .44 Spcl. is made on the older style smaller frame. It has a very small grip frame like a Colt. Very small. Just the way I like it. It is the same size frame as the recent Anniversary Ruger in .357. However, the Anniversary .44 Mag. is on a larger frame. Just a heads up.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 07:55:50 PM »
This new .44 Spcl. is made on the older style smaller frame. It has a very small grip frame like a Colt. Very small. Just the way I like it. It is the same size frame as the recent Anniversary Ruger in .357. However, the Anniversary .44 Mag. is on a larger frame. Just a heads up.

??? Hey Fox Creek Kid,
Your're talking about a 44special Roooooogerrrrrr and I at least want to be sure that the model you're talking 'bout is a "Blackhawk" correct?    :-\ ??? :-\

Yeti

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 06:59:24 PM »
Yes, it is a Ruger Blackhawk, but uses the OLD frame size from the 1950's .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com